Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY
reply to hello123454

Re: What's wrong with this guy?

First if you think the CEO is tweeting that you are highly delusional. It's being done by some 20-something in social marketing.

I've watched more than one CEO struggle w/ using anything more complex than a flip phone and I'm talking phone executives also.

In any case, for those who watch twitter and get a rise out of it, it does the job.

Twitters whole existence is to "trend" or get the most eyeballs on a tweet, not accuracy or even in many times an actual point across. So to do that, you can't be boring OR accurate, it has to be "headline news" otherwise it gets drown out by heroine addicts or children driving the Lambos down the strip.

hello123454
Premium
join:2002-02-02
Wilmington, DE
kudos:1

1 edit
Even if he isn't the guy tweeting he is speaking on behalf and representing him. Trust me he has full control over what is said on Twitter. There is a certain professionlism you are expected to have as a CEO making a public statement. Why did he even have to post about it if it was such a big deal? Hell I would say it's a negative in the sense that he even mentioned a competitor. If you have to say things a certain way on twitter then I don't think it's worth it. I'll take being myself over being a celebrity just to try to manipulate the sheeple any day.
Expand your moderator at work

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
reply to hello123454

Re: What's wrong with this guy?

said by hello123454:

I never said it was out of the norm that he tweeted. There is a certain professionlism you are expected to have as a CEO making a public statement. Why did he even have to post about it if it was such a big deal? Hell I would say it's a negative in the sense that he even mentioned a competitor. If you have to say things a certain way on twitter then I don't think it's worth it. I'll take being myself over being a celebrity just to try to manipulate the sheeple any day.

Obviously his level of professionalism is working towards Tmobile's goals.

What's funny is that Randall's professionalism is making AT&T re-think their marketing strategies to compete with Tmobile and or save face from the misleading or such manipulative practices they've been so accustomed to.

said by hello123454:

Hell I would say it's a negative in the sense that he even mentioned a competitor.

this line reminded me of Sodastream's banned commercial as it was deemed too sexy when in fact, the last line Scarlett uttered was the dead giveaway that they didn't want Pepsi or Coke to back out as sponsors.

»youtu.be/zxq4ziu-wrI

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to elefante72
said by elefante72:

First if you think the CEO is tweeting that you are highly delusional. It's being done by some 20-something in social marketing.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one doing the tweeting. Follow him and you'll see. I bet he's a bit more tech savvy then the CEO's you've watched.

ShootToThril
Tell The Truth
Premium
join:2004-06-07
Sherman Oaks, CA
reply to medbuyer
The commercial was banned due pressure from the "Arab World" as the company factory is located in the west bank of the occupied terittories in Israel / Gaza.

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
said by ShootToThril:

The commercial was banned due pressure from the "Arab World" as the company factory is located in the west bank of the occupied terittories in Israel / Gaza.

I'm not going to go that route...but here's a quick search...

»lmgtfy.com/?q=why+was+sodastream+ad+banned

"The brand got the first draft of its Super Bowl ad banned two years in a row for directly attacking Coca-Cola and Pepsi, two major Super Bowl sponsors.

Read more: »www.businessinsider.com/sodastre···SYUjrMX"