Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dark_star

join:2003-11-14
Louisville
kudos:1

[Internet] 8% Price Internet Increase

My standard 15.0 internet only bill jumped from $50 to $54 with the bill that just came today. Am I special, or are there others in Louisville receiving higher bills this month?

chiz0

join:2013-02-15
Milwaukee, WI

Sounds like just your annual promo increase. What does bill say you pay for your internet, minus modem fee and taxes? How long were you at your prev price?

tony967

join:2013-02-02
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to dark_star

I have been paying $54 dollars a month under Insight for years for 15/1. I use my own modem. I must have been under their exclusive chump plan. I did get 44.95 a month online for 20/2 before Christmas. It is good for a year and then reverts back to $54 dollars a month.

dark_star

Louisville
reply to chiz0

I own my modem. The bill doesn't break any taxes or costs down, just "monthly services" for $54.

The bill was $45 for 2012. The speed was raised from 10.0 to 15.0 in 2013, so I didn't mind the increase to $50. Now another $4, for 2014, but no speed increase.

dark_star

Louisville
reply to tony967

said by tony967:

I did get 44.95 a month online for 20/2 before Christmas. It is good for a year and then reverts back to $54 dollars a month.

I wish I had seen that 20.0 for $45 promo. Where did you see it?

motoracer

join:2003-09-15
united state
reply to dark_star

said by dark_star:

My standard 15.0 internet only bill jumped from $50 to $54 with the bill that just came today. Am I special, or are there others in Louisville receiving higher bills this month?

Call TWC and select the option to cancel your service. Ask them to lower the price of your bill - I went from $54 to $34 for 1 year with just 1 phone call.

tony967

join:2013-02-02
Louisville, KY
reply to dark_star

I wish I had seen that 20.0 for $45 promo. Where did you see it?

It was on twc.com. On their website.

dark_star

Louisville

said by tony967:

It was on twc.com. On their website.

Thanks, I'll watch for it in case they run the promo again.

dark_star

Louisville
reply to motoracer

said by motoracer:

Call TWC and select the option to cancel your service. Ask them to lower the price of your bill - I went from $54 to $34 for 1 year with just 1 phone call.

I had similar luck with Insight (which was later acquired by TWC). They kept increasing the price every year. I called to complain, but they wouldn't budge. Not until just before I hung up the phone and I mentioned AT&T. It was like saying the magic word, suddenly my bill was reduced to $45 per month. It may be time to try it again.

Rick4769

join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

I get 50/5 for $50.00 per month until February 2015.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
reply to motoracer

Can we do this online with its chat and e-mails?

Satch

join:2009-11-25

1 recommendation

said by antdude:

Can we do this online with its chat and e-mails?

I would recommend talking to a "live person." Always call them. As long as people are nice about asking what they can do to lower the bill, it can help. You might have to go through two or three reps to get a good deal. The main things are:

1.) Be nice to them
2.) You can ONLY do these deals about once a year. If you call too much to lower your bill, the cable company keeps a record of that and will likely stop negotiating with you!
3.) Doing this process every twelve months is very helpful in getting good rates.

Satch

MrHappy

@rr.com
reply to dark_star

You can sign up for this at any time and not have to call at all.

»www.timewarnercable.com/en/resid···ans.html

Log in to your online account then select upgrade internet speed then select the 20/2 package and supply your own modem (or use theirs if you have a rental) and it will sign you up, move you to $44.95/mo for a year and in about 5 minutes the modem will reboot, take the new firmware/config speed settings and yer off. Make sure you have a DOCSIS 3 modem that's on their 20/2+ approved list and you're set. I've done this 3 times now with mine and a couple family members. You can pick the faster speeds if you want, just as long as you select above your current level the promo works.

dark_star

Louisville

said by MrHappy :

select the 20/2 package and supply your own modem (or use theirs if you have a rental) and it will sign you up, move you to $44.95/mo for a year and in about 5 minutes the modem will reboot, take the new firmware/config speed settings and yer off. Make sure you have a DOCSIS 3 modem that's on their 20/2+ approved list and you're set.

Mr Happy, thank you! That worked, I've upgraded from 15.0 to 20.0 and cut my bill by $10 per month. Not even a one time fee to change plans.

One tip, to anyone else doing this, logging in and then trying to find the special price page didn't work for me. I logged in, poked around for 10 minutes and still couldn't find the lower rate upgrade. Or maybe I'm half blind, LOL.

Instead go to twc.com, and before logging in select the faster and cheaper package. You'll eventually choose between existing and new customer. Also, as Mr Happy mentions, they helpfully make the $5 modem rental the default choice, watch for that. No problem, as long as you change to owned modem.

My modem rebooted so fast I didn't even notice it. Now I'm getting 22.55 download and upload doubled to 2.33.

Again, thank you. You rock.

Also thanks and kudos to tony967 for mentioning the website promo in the first place.

DevilOnE
Fozzie the buttplug, Vu the shitkicker
Premium
join:2003-12-12
Evansville, IN
reply to dark_star

i was paying $50/mo for 15/1 internet and called. They knocked it down along with the phone.

kamm

join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY
reply to dark_star

Here in NYC that's the regular retail price of th 30/5 connection...

greyhorne

join:2004-01-23
Sunland, CA
reply to MrHappy

said by MrHappy :

Make sure you have a DOCSIS 3 modem that's on their 20/2+ approved list and you're set.

I just downgraded as my promo deal ended, and left me with a $64.oo rate. I'm back to $54.oo, but the standard 15.0 speed as well.

I've been using my own modem but believe its DOCSIS 2. Are you saying this upgrade needs DOCSIS 3 to work, or to fully utilize the bandwidth?

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
reply to MrHappy

said by MrHappy :

You can sign up for this at any time and not have to call at all.

Thanks for the tip. I just signed up, more for the discount than the speed. It worked just as you said.

wmansir

join:2002-12-17
Farmingdale, ME
reply to dark_star

Click for full size
I just got this with my bill. Luckily I just signed up for a triple promo last month so I shouldn't see an increase for a year, otherwise my STD TV, STD internet, 2 box bill would increase over 10%. "The Guide" fee alone increased 1280% for 2 boxes.

perkal

@rr.com
reply to dark_star

said by dark_star:

said by MrHappy :

select the 20/2 package and supply your own modem (or use theirs if you have a rental) and it will sign you up, move you to $44.95/mo for a year and in about 5 minutes the modem will reboot, take the new firmware/config speed settings and yer off. Make sure you have a DOCSIS 3 modem that's on their 20/2+ approved list and you're set.

Mr Happy, thank you! That worked, I've upgraded from 15.0 to 20.0 and cut my bill by $10 per month. Not even a one time fee to change plans.

One tip, to anyone else doing this, logging in and then trying to find the special price page didn't work for me. I logged in, poked around for 10 minutes and still couldn't find the lower rate upgrade. Or maybe I'm half blind, LOL.

Instead go to twc.com, and before logging in select the faster and cheaper package. You'll eventually choose between existing and new customer. Also, as Mr Happy mentions, they helpfully make the $5 modem rental the default choice, watch for that. No problem, as long as you change to owned modem.

My modem rebooted so fast I didn't even notice it. Now I'm getting 22.55 download and upload doubled to 2.33.

Again, thank you. You rock.

Also thanks and kudos to tony967 for mentioning the website promo in the first place.

Hey, I've tried to do this. Upgrading from 15/1 to 20/2 and it keeps saying it will just add $10.00 to my bill. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

dragonman300

join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA
reply to wmansir

Oh GOSH. Almost $60 a month for standard internet??? :0

greyhorne

Sunland, CA
reply to perkal

said by perkal :

Hey, I've tried to do this. Upgrading from 15/1 to 20/2 and it keeps saying it will just add $10.00 to my bill. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Do you own your own modem? If so, are you selecting to keep your existing hardware setup when it prompts the option, after you select the upgrade?

I just downgraded last night, thus it recognized me, and only offered multiple service package deals. So I flushed out my cookies and tried again.
dark_star apparently was able to select the upgrade without signing in. I tried repeatedly but selecting "existing customer" required a log in, so I eventually did. This time I selected to view available deals, and the option for Turbo at $44 mo. appeared!
My own modem worked before, so I chose the keep existing hardware option, and confirmed the order. (fingers still crossed)

Mystic95Z

join:2005-05-10
Sellersburg, IN
reply to dark_star

I didn't see any increase, still paying $64.99 for 50/5.

Phroz

join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME
reply to wmansir

Got the same notice with my bill today... starting in April I'll be paying $77.99 for 30/5 :/

Defiance82
Computer Elite
Premium
join:2002-09-11
Burlington, WI
reply to dark_star

I call once a year to get the latest Promo pricing. Since I have 50/5, IntelligentHome, and the full TV package with all the premium channels including PlayBoy. TWC always seems to keep me at around $215 a month

greyhorne

Sunland, CA
reply to dark_star

My thanks to dark_star and Mr Happy!
I recieved the upgrade to 20.0 Turbo and the $10 reduction to $44 mo.
That alone is hugely phenomenal, but yet unless I'm reading it wrong, does that above posted rate increase state that those currently undergoing a promo deal, will not incur the rate increase until the deal expires?

dark_star

Louisville
reply to perkal

said by perkal :

Promotional page is still up for me right here:

If it isn't there for you, I would guess it is not offered in your location.

Or maybe the $10 id for a Wi-Fi modem?

Perkal

@rr.com

said by dark_star:

said by perkal :

Promotional page is still up for me right here:

If it isn't there for you, I would guess it is not offered in your location.

Or maybe the $10 id for a Wi-Fi modem?

This is the page I get. Same as you?

excelx

join:2004-07-06
Los Angeles, CA

excellent! just upgraded to turbo for 44bucks. I can't get a higher speed due to the fact that i only have " starter tv cable " as i don't watch tv much... eek!

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by excelx:

excellent! just upgraded to turbo for 44bucks. I can't get a higher speed due to the fact that i only have " starter tv cable " as i don't watch tv much... eek!

there isn't a limit on what internet tier you can get and no having just starter tv doesn't keep you from upgrading past Turbo. You just need a DOCSIS 3.0 modem.