Search similar:

uniqs
yyceggy
join:2013-09-04
Calgary, AB

yyceggy

Unlimited Canadian DSL / Cable providers in Calgary, Alberta

hello

Can anyone tell me if there is a internet provider in Alberta specially Calgary that provides unlimited internet ? I am not talking about Shaw or Telus , but smalled ISPs.

Any help would be great.

thank you

Greg

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido

Teksavvy

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to yyceggy

Premium Member

to yyceggy
Hi Greg,

We do!!!! »TekSavvy.com

Let us know if you have any questions

Andre
yyceggy
Calgary, AB

yyceggy

Hi Andre

I spoke to you guys already but initial cost is a bit high for me. Between modem and setup and few other things quote was close $250.
Greg

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

I see. You can always provide your own modem to lower costs. We also have open box hardware for less as well if you change your mind

bbbc
join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica

bbbc to yyceggy

to yyceggy
You pay for what you get. TekSavvy is the only company worth a shit out west. Any free modems and/or installs is a subsidy, much like the supposed free phones you get from Bell, Rogers, and Telus.
yyceggy
Calgary, AB

yyceggy

bbbc ... don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash anyone here. I heard a lot of awesome thing about TekSavvy and they would be company I would go with no doubt. I am with telus right now and I can't say one bad thing about them, connection has been top notch for past 3 years. I am looking for a second connection for streaming purposes for me and for people who I setup IPTV service for. it is hard for me to suggest to someone who has spent already $300 or even more to forkout another $250 to setup internet connection.
As for all the big three , I have been with Bell and Rogers out east , and both have been good aside from the caps, which was an issue, more with rogers than Bell.

TekSavvy is by far top choice for many and I can see why.

Greg
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy

$50-95 of the $250 is a Bell fee that all TIPA companies get charged, some companies roll that fee into their monthly cost so it'll be lower up front but you'll have paid more within a year. Hardware it depends on whether you're going ADSL or VDSL - the former you can get cheaper hardware elsewhere, the latter is about as good as it gets for now. The rest is your monthly fee

It seems steep but it's really quite reasonable considering the savings in the long run. I figure with the overage fees I was being charged at the time ($25/mo) and the general savings I saved ~$200 ($400 minus install fees) in the first year. Not sure what your situation is though.

bbbc
join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica

bbbc to yyceggy

to yyceggy
Totally agree with you, the startup cost is a tough pill to swallow. If Shaw and Telus start enforcing caps with bandwidth overage fees, more people will migrate to TekSavvy West. I go with TekSavvy for one reason, their service. Marc (the owner) and his people take ownership over shit when things go wrong.
yyceggy
Calgary, AB

yyceggy to JMJimmy

to JMJimmy
In the end , when there will be time to change I will definitely be looking for TekSavvy to hook me up, but at this point as a second connection for me and as something to recommend to people I deal with would be crazy hard even if in the end price is lower than any other big ISP. If I will come across cheaper modem I might just go for it. We will see
yyceggy

yyceggy to bbbc

to bbbc
One good thing with Telus at least in Alberta is that they do not 'meter' bandwidth usage. I have gone over my 400GB cap number of times and I have read posts of people going over sometimes almost doubling without any addition usage fees. I know this will change with time, for now I think I am good but on the other had I do not want to be sadly surprised one day and get a hefty bill. I have seen the posts by Marc and TekSavvy Crew and they seem to be very responsive and take their business very seriously. I know they have to deal with all the big ISPs and that seems to be a challenge from time to time. TekSavvy is definitely my 1st choice for an ISP.
Ackis
join:2001-08-16
Edmonton, AB

Ackis to yyceggy

to yyceggy
I recently switched from Shaw to TekSavvy. The initial cost was a concern for me as well, but I did the math on my entire switch. It looked to be a $100 a month savings when I was done:

»www.reddit.com/r/cordcut ··· nything/