uniqs
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

Cameras For house

I know there have been several topics on this. Curious as to what people are using lately... Looking to add 5-6 cameras around the house.. Wireless will be the best option. I like the Netgear Vue system.. However the camera quality is lacking.

hsindogg
Premium Member
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD

hsindogg

Premium Member

I use Foscam FI9821's, they are about $100/unit. They are very good for picture. Don't expect high quality sound/mic though.

I bought a No-IP DNS account and can check them from anywhere I have a data signal on my iPhone.

The units remembers settings: high quality 720p when connecting from high speed internet, and low quality when connecting from 3g/4g.
comp
Premium Member
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

hmm. I like the built in SD. I assume with the No-IP DNS you need to access each camera for video. No app bringing them all together?

hsindogg
Premium Member
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD

hsindogg

Premium Member

There are several IOS apps for the Foscams. Not sure about driods though.

Free, but I think only up to 4 cameras. »foscam.us/forum/foscam-o ··· 823.html

$5.99, but a lot more cameras and more customizable: »itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ··· 027?mt=8

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to comp

MVM

to comp
If you are on a budget, I'd consider Foscams as well (I use them at my own house). If you have some money to spend, I'd look at Vivotek.

Edit: I should add that I use ZoneMinder. Blue Iris is an alternative paid solution.

Tpnix
@68.208.122.x

Tpnix to comp

Anon

to comp
Blueiris setup with 4 foscams PC records motion if set off ip cam viewer for iPhone app works great!
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth to nunya

to nunya
said by nunya:

If you are on a budget, I'd consider Foscams as well (I use them at my own house). If you have some money to spend, I'd look at Vivotek.

Edit: I should add that I use ZoneMinder. Blue Iris is an alternative paid solution.

I have a lot of Foscams but recently learned from my neighbor about Hikvision--their actual images are sensational, and pricing is only slightly more than the new Foscam HD cams.

I will have to look at Vivotek; these security cams drive me a little nuts because you really can't tell about the quality of imagery given how mfrs play with specs these days. It does look like Vivotek is higher-priced than Hikvision on quick glance...

BTW I got Blue Iris for cheap in a package deal some time ago--the software is excellent.
comp
Premium Member
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

So I like the foscams for a price point wireless solution it looks like this blue iris is a full blown nvr solution?? If that is the case I have the storage and would prefer that