uniqs
alexintexas
join:2003-01-11
San Antonio, TX
Netgear CM500
TP-Link Archer C7
Obihai OBi200

alexintexas

What difference does this make for anyone?????

1. Grande DOES NOT compete directly with TWC in any market that im aware of!!!

2. Grande is as limited in footprint as is UVerse and GFiber

3. Grande's availability is mostly available in apartment/condo communities where NO other provider is allowed ie: UVerse, GFiber, TWC.

so again what difference does it make?

Ryan in Waco
@grandenetworks.net

-1 recommendation

Ryan in Waco

Anon

Not true. Grande competes directly against TWC in Corpus Christi, Austin, Waco and Dallas. I'm not sure about their footprint in SA, but maybe there too. Grande has a substantial footprint in many of those markets. It is not just a few high-end developments like Gigapower.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

1 recommendation

iansltx to alexintexas

to alexintexas
Like Ryan said, Grande competes head-on with AT&T and TWC in places like Austin. Yes, in some cases Grande has apartment complexes locked up, and they've probably got a smaller footprint than U-Verse VDSL in the cities they serve. But it's not nearly as vanishingly small as GFiber or GigaPower.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to alexintexas

Premium Member

to alexintexas
said by alexintexas:

1. Grande DOES NOT compete directly with TWC in any market that im aware of!!!

2. Grande is as limited in footprint as is UVerse and GFiber

3. Grande's availability is mostly available in apartment/condo communities where NO other provider is allowed ie: UVerse, GFiber, TWC.

so again what difference does it make?

1. Where did you get that idea?

2. TWC is overbuilt in Austin and most of Travis county by Grande and for that matter, a good portion of Texas.

3. Grande is available where TWC isn't exclusive just the same as TWC is where Grande isn't. Both compete with Uverse in a majority of the area.

notoz
@grandenetworks.net

notoz to alexintexas

Anon

to alexintexas
Here in Corpus they are in more homes than apartments, basically they are our best alternative to TWC. I am typing this in my house on Grande's 50 mbps tier.