spc
Search similar:

uniqs
umputt
join:2003-01-27
Annandale, VA

umputt

[VA] Porting a number from Cox VOIP service to Ooma

I am a Cox HSI subscriber w/ TV/Internet and VOIP service. I have had the VOIP service for over two years and want to terminate it and port my current COX VOIP number to my new Ooma service. Is anybody aware of any issues that might arise? Thanks for any help.
m8trix
join:2003-12-24
Chandler, AZ

m8trix

other then the price to port to ooma it should only take 3-5 business days to move the number
Maltz
join:2011-01-08
Fayetteville, AR

Maltz to umputt

to umputt
I ported my number from Cox to Vonage a few years ago. I don't recall the details, but it went smoothly.

Anonguy
@cox.net

1 recommendation

Anonguy

Anon

Just do not cancel your number with Cox.

Have OOma do everything and it will go fine.

Ported my number to my cell several years ago with Absolutely no problem.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

1 recommendation

Hard Harry7 to umputt

to umputt
There shouldn't be anything technically problematic, since the port process is pretty similar with those (non standard) carriers. The problem is with the people executing the procedures and human error. When it goes right, your golden, but if someone makes a mistake, then it seems very difficult to get decent support from Ooma.

First you have to check to see if the port is possible. See this link

»www.ooma.com/products/port

And here is a list of common rejections. Notice alot of it is due to account information not being accurate (name, address, PIN, etc) so pay close attention to that.

»www.ooma.com/app/support ··· g-errors

And here is a blog from someone who had a port done.

»articles.courant.com/201 ··· customer
pcunite
join:2010-04-10

pcunite to umputt

to umputt
Does anyone know if Cox trys to call the number on the account, the number being ported? I don't have the phones hooked up. Do I need to so as to give them a chance to call and stop me?