spc
Search similar:

uniqs

DanG1974
join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974

[TV] Scheduled Programs Not Recording

Three times this week I have come home to find a show that should be recording, but isn't.

For example, at 9 tonight on FOX, my DVR should be recording a show. I got home at 9:05 and noticed there was no red light on my DVR.
I press the guide button and see that the show is in red, indicating that it should be recording, yet when I press the DVR button it's not there. When I click on the show from within the guide, one of the options is to cancel the recording, so I do so and then immediately press the REC button, yet nothing happens.
When I go to the Conflicts menu nothing is there to indicate any problem.

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but all the shows I've tried recording were FOX shows. My DVR has been consistent with all of my other series recordings on other channels.

My DVR is set to only record New shows and I have verified on the guide that the shows that were missed did say that they were new.
DanG1974

DanG1974

Another FOX show should be recording right now, but it's not.

I have another scheduled program at 10 set to record but on a different channel. Hopefully that one will work.
DanG1974

DanG1974

As expected, 10pm show is recording.

FOX must hate my DVR.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
This seems to happen often with the horrible software that's on these DV ours I always end up having to cancel the recordings and reschedule them and that seems to fix it
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to DanG1974

to DanG1974
Does the Recording Log note anything special about these shows it's skipping?

DanG1974
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974

The log doesn't even show these shows were recorded/not recorded/deleted by user, etc... No mention of them.
Gator5000e
join:2013-09-02
Altamonte Springs, FL

Gator5000e to DanG1974

to DanG1974
Do you have All Showing selected as an option? I have found that if the network changes the start time, even if just by a minute, then the DVR won't record the show unless you have all showings selected. You can still have new episodes only, but you need the all showings selected for any changes to the start times. I learned this the hard way. Hopefully that is your issue. Sorry if it's not.

DanG1974
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974

Yes, I make sure "all showings" is always selected.
DanG1974

DanG1974

Another FOX show didn't record tonight. This is very odd.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
Dan don't waste to much effort on this...as you know there's an update coming that should address the conflicts for the most part. Can't fix the random guide data things but the box originated oddities that have made a few crazy will be history.
jedilord3
join:2014-01-09

jedilord3

WHEN???????????????????
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

I will let you know when you area is pending...
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel

Why is BHN so secretive about when this new guide update is coming? You said in another thread you'd have more information for us closer to the upgrade, and now you have told DanG1974 to wait it out despite missing 3 shows in a week, implying it may be coming soon...but giving no window.

We have a better idea of when the phases of the Digital Transition will be rolled out in each area than we do of the updated guide. And I would have understood getting less time info about the DT since it's such a broad project, more difficult to pin down timewise, and generates so many opinions...

...but the guide update is just a software flash across the network that if the software is already written and tested can be rolled out easily, and will be perceived favorable by the overwhelming majority of customers.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Aprel:

...but the guide update is just a software flash across the network that if the software is already written and tested can be rolled out easily, and will be perceived favorable by the overwhelming majority of customers.

No it isn't and as we get closer to the date for each region I will let you know. There is nothing easy about box updates....

It is no secret just there is a time and place for everything...now is not the time and the place will be in its own thread when it is the time.

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah to Aprel

Premium Member

to Aprel
I imagine it is because if a date is given and it doesn't happen then people will bring out the pitch forks "WHY HAVEN'T WE GOT OUR UPDATES!?!?!?!". People would be less likely to complain about the DA switch being delayed as most people online only seem to be complaining about it, so delaying it would be fine by them...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

That's one of the reasons...the bigger being that updating these boxes is not by any means easy or quick. They are stressful pucker factor events and as such they are done carefully area by area, soak...another area, soak...everything okay...whew, another area, soak.... I do get great entertainment from those who like to minimize these things however...it shows me who knows what about what we do

kfsutops
Premium Member
join:2002-08-19
Lutz, FL

kfsutops to DanG1974

Premium Member

to DanG1974
I just noticed my DVR is not longer recording either. It's a Samsung box that was just installed a few months ago.

It started this week with a message that your recording is cancelled due to a conflict even though there was no conflict. I didn't look to hard into at the time.

Last night I went to record to the opening ceremonies. Hit record. It started recording for a few seconds. The quickly stopped recording. Reset the box. Tried it again today. Same thing.

The funny thing is I can watch what was previously recorded, but it won't record anything. To me that seems like a software issues rather than hardware. But I definitely could be wrong.

I also noted that I am no longer able to hit the record button on the remote without pulling the program guide to initiate a recording.

I understand things go down..It's just a pain to have to tell my wife..Sorry you lost all the recordings because we have to replace the cable box again.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by kfsutops:

I just noticed my DVR is not longer recording either. It's a Samsung box that was just installed a few months ago.

It started this week with a message that your recording is cancelled due to a conflict even though there was no conflict. I didn't look to hard into at the time.

Last night I went to record to the opening ceremonies. Hit record. It started recording for a few seconds. The quickly stopped recording. Reset the box. Tried it again today. Same thing.

The funny thing is I can watch what was previously recorded, but it won't record anything. To me that seems like a software issues rather than hardware. But I definitely could be wrong.

I also noted that I am no longer able to hit the record button on the remote without pulling the program guide to initiate a recording.

I understand things go down..It's just a pain to have to tell my wife..Sorry you lost all the recordings because we have to replace the cable box again.

This is a box issue and will need to be replaced (if there are no conflicts).

kfsutops
Premium Member
join:2002-08-19
Lutz, FL

kfsutops

Premium Member

I agree it's a box issue. Don't have time to deal with meeting a tech and all that jazz. At least for the next two weeks.

I think I am just going to drop all my boxes off tomorrow and be done with it. Just go to one DVR and let that be enough.

This morning, all of the shows disappeared so I don't have to wait to watch what was previously recorded.

DanG1974
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Is this going to be fixed soon? I keep missing several shows. Didn't realize I watch so many FOX shows, but it's frustrating that my DVR acts like they're recording them, but when I go to watch them they're gone.