share rss forum feed
« LOL
This is a sub-selection from 100Mbps?

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to BiggA

Re: 100Mbps?

In my experiences, granted I was living in an affluent town, the school computers were the butt of all the jokes because everyone had a years newer model with faster everything at home.

jsuboh

join:2002-06-13
Earlimart, CA

Hi,

Now a days, because of Common Core and SBAC online testing, schools are updating and incorporating newer technology. I work for a small district in which we have 500 iPads and are also evaluating Chrome Books. Common Core Standards are incorporating Technology into the lessons and are requiring students to use technology to complete their assignments. We have a nearby District in which they gave all their students Chrome Books and a WiMAX Gateways to allow students internet and school network access from home. Our teachers are using Google Docs, Edmodo, and other cloud based solutions to manage their students and classroom assignment. Mind you, we are doing this at a K8 school district with the earlier grade levels involving the introduction to the technology.

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH

Wow, I didn't realize that. I guess when I was in school (I graduated high school in '08) this stuff was in it's infancy, so we thought it was all a joke and would never go anywhere. We had PCs and whatnot, but other than the teacher projecting stuff up off the computer, they were never a big part of what we were doing.