Search similar:

uniqs
Mphil
join:2004-02-08
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Mphil

Replaced 2Wire 3800 With ATT 5031NV

Hey Folks,
I have been having issues with my ATT Uverse internet and ATT came out and replaced wiring, jacks, etc, and my 2Wire 3800 with a ATT 5031NV for our business. We have the 16 gb plan and this new router seems slower, is the 5031NV supposed to be for business or residential customers, is it better than my old router?

Thanks
M

my thoughts

Anon

For a business internet only should have had the 3600 (purchased $100, non iptv RG) instead of the 3800 (leased $6, IPTV RG).

The 3600/3800 series designed to support up to 2200 foot loop length service, the 5031 is a more sensitive long loop (up o 3500 feet) RG that is designed to replace the 3600, the upgrade replacement for the leased 3800 is the leased 3801.

Seems slow is perception, what do speed tests report for your profile.....
PRO 3/ 1, ELITE 6/1, MAX 12/1.5, MAX PLUS 18/15, MAX TURBO 24/3.....
Mphil
join:2004-02-08
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Mphil

ATT 5031NV connection issues

Ok, I have better information now.

AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Max 12 Mbps
Speed Test today Dowload 3969kb/s - Upload 1120 Kb/s

Att told me last week they don't acknowledge this website for speed tests, the tech had his own website he went to and said it was fine.

We have streaming tv here all day long and with this new router the connection pauses on/off all day for up to 2 minutes. The lights all stay on and green on the router but the internet goes down. I am on the internet all day non stop for my job so when the internet goes down average 5 times per hour it's disruptive. We had the 2Wire 3800 and Att came out and replaced it with the 5031NV which didn't fix the issue. Last week on this website my download speed was at 13.1 mbps, and our streaming content was always between 12-13 mbps and yes I know that was a little higher than our plan. Now it's awful, it sounds like this new router was the correct upgrade for my account according to you, any suggestions.

Thanks

brookeKrige
join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

brookeKrige

Goto gateway's page »192.168.1.254/ by default. Find and post screen shot of broadband/stats showing noise margin, attenuation, error table, sync rates... and possibly diag/dsl page showing few more stats plus retrain history with a reason column.

Don't reveal publicIP & MAC. Can also use UVRealtime: esp. for its estimate of your twisted pair length based on attenuation.

Do you have uverse TV? Speed tests (i.e. speedtest.net for example, avoid dslreports) should be done from a single Wired client, with all other clients, DVR, TV boxes off, disconnected, or idle. Configure 5031NV's wifi to WPA2 security, and avoid auto channel selection, pick from 1, 6, or 11 or use a stumbler or inSSIDer program to select least congested of these.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by brookeKrige:

Goto gateway's page »192.168.1.254/ by default. Find and post screen shot of broadband/stats showing noise margin, attenuation, error table, sync rates... and possibly diag/dsl page showing few more stats plus retrain history with a reason column.

Don't reveal publicIP & MAC. Can also use UVRealtime: esp. for its estimate of your twisted pair length based on attenuation.

Do you have uverse TV? Speed tests (i.e. speedtest.net for example, avoid dslreports) should be done from a single Wired client, with all other clients, DVR, TV boxes off, disconnected, or idle. Configure 5031NV's wifi to WPA2 security, and avoid auto channel selection, pick from 1, 6, or 11 or use a stumbler or inSSIDer program to select least congested of these.

^^^^^
Good advice.