dark_star
join:2003-11-14
Louisville

dark_star to tony967

to tony967

Re: [Internet] 8% Price Internet Increase

said by tony967:

It was on twc.com. On their website.

Thanks, I'll watch for it in case they run the promo again.

MrHappy
@rr.com

MrHappy

Anon

You can sign up for this at any time and not have to call at all.

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· ans.html

Log in to your online account then select upgrade internet speed then select the 20/2 package and supply your own modem (or use theirs if you have a rental) and it will sign you up, move you to $44.95/mo for a year and in about 5 minutes the modem will reboot, take the new firmware/config speed settings and yer off. Make sure you have a DOCSIS 3 modem that's on their 20/2+ approved list and you're set. I've done this 3 times now with mine and a couple family members. You can pick the faster speeds if you want, just as long as you select above your current level the promo works.

dark_star
Louisville

dark_star

said by MrHappy :

select the 20/2 package and supply your own modem (or use theirs if you have a rental) and it will sign you up, move you to $44.95/mo for a year and in about 5 minutes the modem will reboot, take the new firmware/config speed settings and yer off. Make sure you have a DOCSIS 3 modem that's on their 20/2+ approved list and you're set.

Mr Happy, thank you! That worked, I've upgraded from 15.0 to 20.0 and cut my bill by $10 per month. Not even a one time fee to change plans.

One tip, to anyone else doing this, logging in and then trying to find the special price page didn't work for me. I logged in, poked around for 10 minutes and still couldn't find the lower rate upgrade. Or maybe I'm half blind, LOL.

Instead go to twc.com, and before logging in select the faster and cheaper package. You'll eventually choose between existing and new customer. Also, as Mr Happy mentions, they helpfully make the $5 modem rental the default choice, watch for that. No problem, as long as you change to owned modem.

My modem rebooted so fast I didn't even notice it. Now I'm getting 22.55 download and upload doubled to 2.33.

Again, thank you. You rock.

Also thanks and kudos to tony967 for mentioning the website promo in the first place.
greyhorne
join:2004-01-23
Sunland, CA

greyhorne to MrHappy

to MrHappy
said by MrHappy :

Make sure you have a DOCSIS 3 modem that's on their 20/2+ approved list and you're set.

I just downgraded as my promo deal ended, and left me with a $64.oo rate. I'm back to $54.oo, but the standard 15.0 speed as well.

I've been using my own modem but believe its DOCSIS 2. Are you saying this upgrade needs DOCSIS 3 to work, or to fully utilize the bandwidth?

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium Member
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY

unknvoip to MrHappy

Premium Member

to MrHappy
said by MrHappy :

You can sign up for this at any time and not have to call at all.

Thanks for the tip. I just signed up, more for the discount than the speed. It worked just as you said.

perkal
@rr.com

perkal to dark_star

Anon

to dark_star
said by dark_star:

said by MrHappy :

select the 20/2 package and supply your own modem (or use theirs if you have a rental) and it will sign you up, move you to $44.95/mo for a year and in about 5 minutes the modem will reboot, take the new firmware/config speed settings and yer off. Make sure you have a DOCSIS 3 modem that's on their 20/2+ approved list and you're set.

Mr Happy, thank you! That worked, I've upgraded from 15.0 to 20.0 and cut my bill by $10 per month. Not even a one time fee to change plans.

One tip, to anyone else doing this, logging in and then trying to find the special price page didn't work for me. I logged in, poked around for 10 minutes and still couldn't find the lower rate upgrade. Or maybe I'm half blind, LOL.

Instead go to twc.com, and before logging in select the faster and cheaper package. You'll eventually choose between existing and new customer. Also, as Mr Happy mentions, they helpfully make the $5 modem rental the default choice, watch for that. No problem, as long as you change to owned modem.

My modem rebooted so fast I didn't even notice it. Now I'm getting 22.55 download and upload doubled to 2.33.

Again, thank you. You rock.

Also thanks and kudos to tony967 for mentioning the website promo in the first place.

Hey, I've tried to do this. Upgrading from 15/1 to 20/2 and it keeps saying it will just add $10.00 to my bill. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
greyhorne
Sunland, CA

greyhorne

said by perkal :

Hey, I've tried to do this. Upgrading from 15/1 to 20/2 and it keeps saying it will just add $10.00 to my bill. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Do you own your own modem? If so, are you selecting to keep your existing hardware setup when it prompts the option, after you select the upgrade?

I just downgraded last night, thus it recognized me, and only offered multiple service package deals. So I flushed out my cookies and tried again.
dark_star apparently was able to select the upgrade without signing in. I tried repeatedly but selecting "existing customer" required a log in, so I eventually did. This time I selected to view available deals, and the option for Turbo at $44 mo. appeared!
My own modem worked before, so I chose the keep existing hardware option, and confirmed the order. (fingers still crossed)

dark_star
Louisville

dark_star to perkal

to perkal
said by perkal :

Promotional page is still up for me right here:

If it isn't there for you, I would guess it is not offered in your location.

Or maybe the $10 id for a Wi-Fi modem?

Perkal
@rr.com

Perkal

Anon

said by dark_star:

said by perkal :

Promotional page is still up for me right here:

If it isn't there for you, I would guess it is not offered in your location.

Or maybe the $10 id for a Wi-Fi modem?

This is the page I get. Same as you?

excelx
join:2004-07-06
Los Angeles, CA

excelx

excellent! just upgraded to turbo for 44bucks. I can't get a higher speed due to the fact that i only have " starter tv cable " as i don't watch tv much... eek!

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by excelx:

excellent! just upgraded to turbo for 44bucks. I can't get a higher speed due to the fact that i only have " starter tv cable " as i don't watch tv much... eek!

there isn't a limit on what internet tier you can get and no having just starter tv doesn't keep you from upgrading past Turbo. You just need a DOCSIS 3.0 modem.

excelx
Los Angeles, CA

excelx

I bought a SB6141 Modem, I tried to upgrade online but i don't see any other choices... I guess i have to call?
I don't want to call because they always insist to get Internet/Tv bundle and all that...

dark_star
Louisville

dark_star to Perkal

to Perkal
said by Perkal :

This is the page I get. Same as you?

Yes, that's it.
Where does it add $10 for you?

Perkal
@rr.com

Perkal

Anon

said by dark_star:

Yes, that's it.
Where does it add $10 for you?

--

--

Says it adds $10.00 to my bill per month. What am I doing wrong?

excelx
Los Angeles, CA

excelx

That's the one! I upgraded ( standard speed 15mbps )to turbo 20mbps, it automatically switched from 55 dollars to 47 dollars ( turbo speed for 12 months )
greyhorne
Sunland, CA

1 edit

greyhorne to Perkal

to Perkal
said by Perkal :

Says it adds $10.00 to my bill per month. What am I doing wrong?

Whether or not you qualify for the $10.00 discount, in addition to the speed upgrade, may depend upon on what you're currently paying for your internet service.

It states your current monthly total is $89.99.
Assuming your services are bundled together in a package deal, do you know what itemized portion of this 89.99 is attributed to your current internet service?

T1249NTSCJ9
join:2007-01-25
Ridgewood, NY

T1249NTSCJ9

I'm on the phone with TWC disputing the $10 hike. I have an order number and confirmation e-mail right in front of me and they insist that they don't see a Turbo plan of $44.95 but rather $49.95.
Buyer beware.
boombie
join:2000-12-01
Milwaukee, WI

boombie

I am having the same issue.
Went through 4 agents on chat, then disconnected.
Will call today or tomorrow.

T1249NTSCJ9
join:2007-01-25
Ridgewood, NY

T1249NTSCJ9

It's odd that $44.95 would a appear on the order and not in their database. Any others besides Boom and I?
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by T1249NTSCJ9:

It's odd that $44.95 would a appear on the order and not in their database. Any others besides Boom and I?

The $44.99 Turbo rate is for new customers per month for 12 months from what I was told by TWC. [the promo rate for new sign ups does not include modem or other fees that may apply]

For non promo customers. Turbo is $10 more than the "current non promo rate" for Standard Internet from my understanding (which varies per market).