Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to mob

Re: Investors are stupid

Investors help build then crap all over a company for those exact same reasons you listed.

mob
On the next level..
Premium
join:2000-10-07
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

3 recommendations

said by Mike:

Investors help build then crap all over a company for those exact same reasons you listed.

They would rather have $5.01 RIGHT F#*)!^$ NOW than make $50 in an hour, or $500 in a day, or $5000 in a month.

Money isn't bad - but if that is your sole purpose, customers or business model be damned, it catches up in the end and slays the goose that lays golden eggs.
--
Ich habe kein Mitleid - Me
You're a daisy if you do. - Doc Holliday
And as always, have nice day.

applerule

join:2012-12-23
Mars Hill, NC
Reviews:
·US Cellular
·Frontier Communi..
·Millenicom
I'm all about cheaper prices, but right now VZ has no real reason to lower prices. TMO is not taking enough VZ subscribers to make an impact, they are posting good subscriber numbers, coverage, etc. Why change when you are making money hand over fist with no end in sight?

WhatNow
Premium
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
It depends on how VZ uses the money from being able to hold the line on prices. If they blow it then they will be in trouble when they have to cut the price. If they use the money to expand and upgrade the network then they may get away with charging a premium.

AT&T has been closing the holes in their network so they could start taking customers from other networks. T-mobile could get in trouble by spending money on getting customers instead of improving their network. They could lose a lot of the new customers if they become disappointed with the performance of T-mobile like they did with AT&T. I doubt this will happen but AT&T could lower their price and burn T-mobile with a better network and just slightly higher prices.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
said by WhatNow:

If they use the money to expand and upgrade the network then they may get away with charging a premium.

They have so far and that's why VZ hasn't been in a huge rush like T has been. T is getting better, but it's late to the game. TMUS' only competition is price. Its network coverage is sad in comparison to the big two.
said by WhatNow:

I doubt this will happen but AT&T could lower their price and burn T-mobile with a better network and just slightly higher prices.

I suggested a year or two ago that if/when the sleeping giants awake, they'll be unstoppable.