share rss forum feed

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to fonzbear2000

Re: [iPhone] A ton of iPhone 6 rumors.

As someone with a physical disability that can only use a smartphone one handed to start with, I can only suggest that Apple tread very carefully before jumping into the "phablet" market.

Unless the size increase is not overly large (therefore making the whole thing a waste of time) or they produce two separate lines for the different sizes of phones, they do risk losing people.

NefCanuck

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1

said by NefCanuck:

As someone with a physical disability that can only use a smartphone one handed to start with, I can only suggest that Apple tread very carefully before jumping into the "phablet" market.

Unless the size increase is not overly large (therefore making the whole thing a waste of time) or they produce two separate lines for the different sizes of phones, they do risk losing people.

NefCanuck

An Apple Phablet as the only option seems highly unlikely.

Its more likely IMO for Apple to to provide the choice of the current form factor of the 5, 5s and 5c in addition to a larger phablet option.

Alienation wouldn't come from a lack of choice but as I suggested before people buying Apple devices often like to buy the high end option like the 5s over the 5c. In order to do so they want or need a definitive indication of what is the high end option. Therefore it may be unwise for Apple to make a distinction between a standard sized iPhone and a phablet sized iPhone (other then size) making it necessary to keep the feature set and price basically the same. Then a lower end option for both form factors would be necessary thus increasing the product count and necessary work on the product line,....

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to NefCanuck

said by NefCanuck:

NefCanuck

This no longer about what you want, or any Apple Fan wants, it's about what the Market wants.

If Apple doesn't create a "phablet" then the market will punish them
If apple doesn't create a "smart watch" then the market will punish them.

Everyone will talk down the new "6" and sales will slip (except to die-hard fanbois/girlz)
--
My Name is Wiley E Coyote, Super Genius

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by elwoodblues:

This no longer about what you want, or any Apple Fan wants, it's about what the Market wants.

If Apple doesn't create a "phablet" then the market will punish them
If apple doesn't create a "smart watch" then the market will punish them.

Everyone will talk down the new "6" and sales will slip (except to die-hard fanbois/girlz)

I agree... Steve Jobs' stubborness to keep the iphone at 3.5" screen for 4 generations under his watch, allowed the competition to make larger phones for those who wanted larger screens. Apple should have had multiple sizes a few years ago already, and that would have been just fine with everyone I think. Just buy the size you want.

When Apple made the modest jump from 3.5" to 4", Premium android phones were already approaching 5", and the phablets were even bigger.
--

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

For me so far the size of the Galaxy s4 and s5 seems to be optimal for me. Not quite the Note big but big enough. The size jump from the 4s to 5 just seemed more like an elongated phone, not more usable area.