spc
Search similar:

uniqs
profipix
join:2014-02-05

1 edit

profipix

CenturyLink says I never returned the equipment after cancelling

Been with CenturyLink for a few months and that's all that I needed to find out what kind of internet and customer service they offer. Disconnected and was sent an RMA number to return the modem. Went to the UPS store and returned in and was given a confirmation of dropoff with the tracking number. Little did I know that I DEFINITELY had to save that confirmation. Once I moved, I found out I was placed on a collection for the modem that CenturyLink claims they never received. Called CenturyLink, asked for the tracking number to give to UPS store and have UPS store confirm that it was delivered, CenturyLink rep did not want to help and said they wont give it to me. Then, I emailed CL support and all I got was the RMA number. UPS doesnt work with RMA numbers as I found out. This is really getting irritating and annoying. Apparently, CL never knows about what's returned to them and treats all returns as missing? Really upset.
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn

Unless your attorney works for less than $99, he will not be much of a help. Other people have had the same problem and it sounds like it all gets sorted out. Can't you get the tracking number from UPS store?
profipix

profipix

about the attorney, you're correct. It's just I've been given such a run around that I'm literally ripping my hair out. Did talk to a UPS rep, they're saying they want the tracking number since their location is "where most of CenturyLink returns come in". I'll try them again tonight, see if I can talk to someone else and see if they'll be able to try it with the RMA number again..

TAZ
join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ

TAZ

See if you can do a "track by reference" using the RMA number (with UPS). I don't know if CL does this; I know some stores will set the reference number to the order number (so it does happen), so it's worth a try.

Legal action probably isn't worth it here (I suspect you can get this resolved by escalating a bit on the phone, managers, etc.) but if you did, small claims court is probably a better bet than getting an attorney involved. Problem is you would have no proof of returning it.
profipix

profipix

Track by reference is not working. I'll be going into the store today to try to get this cleared up.
Thank you all for your input. I will post an update soon.
stygmata
join:2012-05-30
Kissimmee, FL

stygmata to profipix

to profipix
I found this out the hard way myself years ago. Anytime that there is a situation where I need to ship something back to a firm AND there is a contingency of getting charged/sent to collections/etc - INVARIABLY I have had to waste time proving that I did send the equipment back. Just last week I had the same thing happen with a defective xbox sensor. Moral is, always, always, always keep the tracking number. Unfortunately, we can't expect firms to properly manage the process and that is sad.
profipix

profipix

I know! It seems like CenturyLink is black hole. Never going back to them again and definitely will always keep the tracking numbers saved.
Comcast has been good for me so far.
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

1 edit

gapmn to profipix

to profipix
Yea, next time snap a pic and save it.

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium Member
join:1999-12-06
Raleigh, NC

scots to profipix

Premium Member

to profipix
This is a little late for your situation, but if you have a CenturyLink store nearby you should return your equipment there instead of shipping it. The equipment goes directly from your hands to theirs, and they give you a receipt showing that you returned the equipment. That way, if there are any issues down the road with someone at CenturyLink saying you didn't return it you have the receipt to show you did.
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152

Or just keep your tracking numbers when $$ is on the line. I've had similar issues with Comcast, Time Warner, AT&T, and Verizon when shipping things back.

Moral of the story, just keep the receipt/tracking number so you have proof. UPS is not the most reliable themselves (as i had found out when i used to ship computers back home)

goingnowhere
@comcast.net

goingnowhere to profipix

Anon

to profipix
Same problem. I did snap a picture, and after 4 months, deleted it off my phone because there weren't any problems. Now, 4 months later, they said they never received it. I got nowhere on the phone with them.