join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to robbin

Premium Member

to robbin

Re: [Appliances] Need a new Microwave

said by robbin:

said by IowaCowboy:

I wouldn't be surprised if this future proofing comes out in future revisions of the NEC.

That is the type of thinking that drives up housing costs.

At least it helps save some long-term costs for many homeowners. What really burns me and many others in a lot of the NEC requirements such as Arc Fault breakers, Tamperproof Receptacles and GFCI circuit in areas other than kitchens, bathrooms and outdoors! Those significantly increase costs or providing no benefits to the homeowner.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

I see the benefit of tamper proof receptacles, my mother said I used to play in the outlets as a kid and I was lucky I didn't get fried. Tamper proof outlets are to supplement but do not replace parental supervision.

Babeez
@shawcable.net

Babeez

Anon

My son is almost 9. We has regular old school receptacles and never used the bs plastic baby proofing plug things. We had a baby gate setup at the top of the stairs and I baby proofed one cupboard as his mom thought it wS funny to let him open the Tupperware cupboard and pull everything out, so I had to put a stop to that.

My work around for this "lack" of baby proofing? Keeping an eye on him at all times.
joewho
Premium Member
join:2004-08-20
Dundee, IL

1 edit

joewho to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
LOl, when I was a kid I put my finger in a socket and got zapped. When I was napping later I dreamed that I put my finger in the socket and a nasty monkey pulled me through the wall.