join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Good Bye to Psych: USA will end show after 8th season

»insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/ ··· ncelled/
quote:
USA cancels 'Psych,' series ends next month

The current eighth season will be Psych‘s last.

The long-running USA Network series will conclude Wednesday, March 26. The finale will be followed by a one hour live Pysch after show featuring a Q&A with the cast and show creator, Steve Franks.

Though the producers did not know about the cancellation until recently, they had an inkling this might be coming, sources says. So the final episode therefore feels like a suitable finale, with topics addressed like Juliet (Maggie Lawson) and Shawn’s (James Roday) relationship.

Psych is one of the rare cable dramas to surpass 100 episodes. Its legacy includes a two-hour musical, a 10-city college tour and five appearances at Comic-Con. “Psych has made an indelible imprint on the television landscape, with a unique brand of comedy,” said Chris McCumber, president of USA Network. “The final season celebrates the iconic characters that have made this show so beloved, and will be an exclamation point on the series’ incredible run. And while the series will wrap in March somehow I don’t believe we’ve heard the last of Shawn and Gus.”

I think they picked a good time to end it. It seems to be running out of steam.

Silk Stalkings, Monk, and I think Psych are the three longest running shows USA has had. Besides Up all night and wrestling.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Burn Notice was on for a good while too. 7 seasons.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
It also looks like White Collar is on the bubble after 5 seasons.

I love the show, but it's getting tired, I mean how many scams can Neal and Moz pull off without getting their asses handed to them.

The good news is this year we have Bridget Regan , with her fiery red hair on for 9 episodes. Tough decision, Regan, Mia Maestro or Hilarie Burton.

For a gay guy, they certainly give him hot women to work with.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

For a gay guy, they certainly give him hot women to work with.

You ain't lyin'!

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
Agreed on all accounts.