All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
etronz
join:2013-08-28

etronz

Limited account permissions are strangling new users

I cannot post into a thread older than 14 days. Why? This is killing the small sub forums (like clearwire and satellite radio subforums). Most all the threads in most of those forums are off limits due to this policy.

I cannot post or respond into a thread that I created 2 months ago because the last reply was 16 days ago (and my thread is currently #7 from the top). Something is very wrong about policy here.

I do not like they way you guys run this forum. I should be able to post just like I can on any other forum. These restrictions would make a great definition for "torture" in the dictionary.

I've never encountered restrictions like this anywhere else. They are arbitrary and make the user experience exasperating. If I wanted to be treated like this, I would stand in line as some federal bureaucracy's customer service line.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

I know I find that quite a pain also....

Justin was talking about lifting that for ALL GROUPS i thought anyway but he still hasnt..... (Maybe I misunderstood)

I dont see a big deal with WHEN A THREAD WAS LAST REPLIED TO.... I have replied to a thread on 1 site from 1999!! (THE LINK WAS STILL VALID AND IT WAS QUITE USEFUL)

Here is the thread

»discussions.virtualdr.co ··· p?t=3207

I do not visit that site anymore BECAUSE 2 YEARS AGO THEY WENT TO VB4 FOR NO REASON AND ITS SLOW/UGLY GARBAGE COMPARED TO WHAT IT USED TO BE!!

anonomeX
@comcast.net

anonomeX to etronz

Anon

to etronz

Re: Limited account permissions are strangling new users

Simply being able to reply to one's own posts without any time limit whatsoever would be "good enough" for me ("Hey, it's been awhile, I know, but I've got this brand-spankin' new info/update...").