Click for full size
We should be seeing it soon on the Aurora site:

...it doesn't like TabMixPlus..
Get the latest TMP Dev build: »tmp.garyr.net/forum/view ··· &t=15740

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube

The other day, I pulled down, then pulled up Nightly.
When I was finished, I could NOT figure out how to Exit.
Literally!
(I had a LOT of windows/tabs open, so the close (X) button on one window would not do.)
I looked & looked & looked, but saw no way out?
I literally killed the task to quit.

I then started it up again & found myself in the same situation.
Figured I must have missed it.

Turns out, it is that hieroglyphic-like thing, that mostly circle with a | bar in it (seen in the pic above), icon that is the "Exit" button. Had no clue.

Now that I know... But that is not the point. The point is take some who does something regularly, who uses something regularly, & change it... Why? To not provide something familiar, for those who want it, I think is wrong & will prove out to be wrong. (There is SeaMonkey .) Now I may be a (quasi)Luddite, no watch, no cell, no... & while a 3rd grader would likely have had no problem figuring it out... I did!

Isn't that just what MS did with Win8? They took the familiar, what we know & are used to, & threw it out the window... Because...? Aren't we all the better for that!

So the me, the comment:

> force it down their throats ... Tongue planted firmly in cheek

is more then just "tongue in cheek". It affects my usage (well not really since I rarely use FF) of & impression of, FF.

anonomeX
@comcast.net

anonomeX

Anon

Welcome to Australis... everything you never knew you really didn't want.

Just curious: does the Menu bar still pop-up when you hit the 'Alt' key?

agwsgs
@threembb.ie

agwsgs

Anon

On Firefox Nightly 30 on Linux 'Alt' shows the Menu Bar.

Which is nice because the non-UX version doesn't do that on all Linux environments such as the one I use.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to therube

Premium Member

to therube
said by therube:

The other day, I pulled down, then pulled up Nightly. When I was finished, I could NOT figure out how to Exit.
Literally!

It looks like just about every other "power off" icon I've used in the last couple of years...

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz

Premium Member

said by darcilicious:

said by therube:

The other day, I pulled down, then pulled up Nightly. When I was finished, I could NOT figure out how to Exit.
Literally!

It looks like just about every other "power off" icon I've used in the last couple of years...

- ditto -

such drama

- or - Click the Open Menu button again = closed.

Only one dislike is the unmovable back forward button on the left side.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to darcilicious

to darcilicious
> It looks like just about every other "power off" icon I've used in the last couple of years...

Well, if you've never used a "power off" device, then looking at it for the first time it might be understandable that you have no idea what it is or what it is supposed to be or do.