New Jersey

1 edit

DaveDude to Comcast Guy

to Comcast Guy

Re: [Content] comcast wont even check TWC without account info

said by Comcast Guy:

said by Joe12345678:

they have a channel that shows weather not reality shows

Which has nothing to do with Local On The 8s, which was the basis for his complaint. Switching to DTV won't fix his problem if it is that important to him.

Personally, I have no idea why everyone is so up in arms over weather channels in the first place. This isn't the 1990s. I do love TWC's claim that they "save lives" though. That's...something.

And so do apps on phones, weather radio, and regular radio. But Comcast support is pathetic . Serious please tell me how many unique "weather channels" serve the town of Hillsborough NJ ? And if you were to look into your system , info you already have, how many would there be ? If someone from comcast cant figure out why a head end PC keep crashing from that info. Then comcast really cant handle support.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

1 edit

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by DaveDude:

Serious please tell me how many unique "weather channels" serve the town of Hillsborough NJ ?

When you're dealing with national support, the easiest way to figure out what headend is serving a customer is to look at their account. Plenty of cities and towns can be split between 2 or more cable headends due to company buy outs over the years. It's not so much unique weather channels, but where the specific headend gear generating your LO8s is located.

In my part of SoCal, I know of a couple cities split between 2 different headends (Comcast owed one, TCI the other, now TWC owns both) and 1 city fed 2 different channel lineups due to county/city agreements (a Comcast/Adelphia situation). At one point all had different Weather Channel local on the 8s fed to them... all from another headend not directly serving any of the cities (they had the sat downlink and receiver). Signal flow and distribution of channels isn't exactly obvious just based on a city name.

Why guess and possibly contact the wrong one?

Also looking up the account may bring up internal notes about known problems and outages in the area.

As far as turning on a TV to check, do you expect support to have a TV with hundreds of different channel line-ups Comcast generates for all the areas across the country? Even if they did, they'd need to know exactly which line-up you're receiving.... which would be listed on your account.
Comcast Guy
join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA

Comcast Guy to DaveDude

to DaveDude
The support is pathetic because they asked for your account number? That's rich.

They ask because it shows your Corp (billing system/area), and can tell them where you are located. They have opened more Call Centers and they take calls from everywhere. Plus, the CSRs that answer those calls are required to follow protocol or they get docked points and can be disciplined if they do not comply with it.

They treated your issue normally.

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

3 edits

DaveDude

said by Comcast Guy:

The support is pathetic because they asked for your account number? That's rich.

They ask because it shows your Corp (billing system/area), and can tell them where you are located. They have opened more Call Centers and they take calls from everywhere. Plus, the CSRs that answer those calls are required to follow protocol or they get docked points and can be disciplined if they do not comply with it.

They treated your issue normally.

Honestly because of comcast support i cancelled once. The constant upselling on support calls. I told the person on the phone to call the manager there, and let me speak to them, I cancelled because of the upsell on support calls. I miss the days of patriot media, they knew support and didnt have nasty support people. Well comcast "normal" is a failure. Also i didnt speak to call center, it was support here
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

NightOwl2

Upselling on calls, whether support or sales, by CSR's is required for most providers, whether Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cablevision/Optimum, Cox, you name it. I used to work in Quality Assurance and agents are docked points, as Comcast Guy states, and even lose their employment for a certain number of failures in whatever time period the call center has. It's not even cable/internet, I have a friend who works for a major utility provider and offering services such as Auto-Pay is required. And support is often a combined function, many reps are trained in numerous functions. You could press 3 for technical assistance and call back for an ugrade and get the same person.

If the CSR gives out information without verifying the customer's location, the accuracy of that information is compromised. And again that is a violation of the company policy and a strike against the agent. I've worked on both sides, CRS and manager, and some customers try hard to manipulate the conversation to an absolute: for instance, if I don't pay my bill, I won't be disconnected until 8:00 a.m. on the 21st. Correct? when actually it could be anytime after midnight.