share rss forum feed

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

1 recommendation

[Praise] Logitech Warranty Claim....

I recently had my G700 Logitech mouse start having a double clicking issue, when I would single click something and then it would register as a double click. This started almost exactly 12 months after buying the mouse.

I just gotta give Logitech some props on their awesome customer service when I contacted them. They were prompt and easy to deal with. They shipped a brand new G700s for me within 2 days. I've read a lot of horror stories online regarding warranty claims with Logitech, and I gotta say my experience was nothing like that.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX
Logitech is really great. I had a G500 mice that died using a KVM switch. I emailed logitech telling them what the problem. They gave me a few things to try and nothing worked. A few days later, BAM! A new G500 arrived. They truly are great. Hopefully sapphire is the same (I got a fan on a video card rattling).

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to Ghastlyone
The G700 has a 3-year warranty period so I expect them to comply with their terms, especially 33% into the warranty period.

»www.logitech.com/en-us/support/w ··· 4&bit=32

Midniteoyl

join:2013-11-22
Knox, IN
kudos:1
reply to Duramax08
said by Duramax08:

Hopefully sapphire is the same (I got a fan on a video card rattling).

Sapphire can be somewhat of a bear.. depends though. I am on my second RMA for the same problem. Both times, I made a support ticket that got lost in the ether.. twice each time. Kinda ticks you off when you make a ticket and are awaiting the reply only to find someone canceled it and it happens more than once each time. Last time I made 10 tickets at once, they finally answered one of them

As for RMA's, Sapphire will refer you to Althon Micro who will have you fill out a form to email back. They will then determine if it needs to be returned and tell you its up to you to pay the shipping to them. Good news is they 7850/7870 cards fit perfectly into a 'small' Priority Mail' box...

weaseled386

join:2008-04-13
Port Orange, FL
reply to Ghastlyone
It is funny that you mentioned this... I just went through the same exact thing! My G700 has a broken thumb button (G4).

I put in a support ticket explaining my issue. They asked for my receipt, and bam... gave me the UPS tracking number for my replacement G700S.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to Ghastlyone
Many years ago I had purchased a Logitech G15 keyboard (it's been, what, 6 or more years ago?) The lettering on the keyboard rubbed down to just some splotches where the light just glowed through. The engineers redesigned the keys and sent me a brand new one without forcing me to send the old one back.

Incidentally, my Microsoft keyboard's asdf keys are starting to rub off. I type too much I suppose, the keyboard is not all that old. Let me check when I bought it... Ah, it's right about a year old, but has a 3 year warranty. That's what is so great about newegg, they keep the records for you.

I truly wish someone made an affordable genuine ergonomic keyboard with mechanicals.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
reply to Ghastlyone
Logitech rules. Been buying their products for many years.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Ghastlyone
My G930s broke in November, I don't know if they're under warranty (I don't think they are) but maybe I'll give 'em a call.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Ghastlyone
happens to me like clockwork. around month 11 it'll start dbl clicking. i just throw it away and buy another. cant be bothered with warranty crapola.
--
Despises any post with strings.

weaseled386

Port Orange, FL

1 recommendation

said by dvd536:

happens to me like clockwork. around month 11 it'll start dbl clicking. i just throw it away and buy another. cant be bothered with warranty crapola.

True, because spending an extra $80 is soooo much easier than sending an email to Logitech support. Maybe it is the fact you have to answer 2 to 4 questions that is the deal breaker?

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to dvd536
Waste not want not.

Quake110
Premium
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON
reply to Ghastlyone
Logitech make good products, I'm still using my MX510 mouse from 2005...

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to weaseled386
Nah. I just value my time much more than most people.
--
Despises any post with strings.

weaseled386

Port Orange, FL
said by dvd536:

Nah. I just value my time much more than most people.

So lets say you make $20 per hour... which option makes more sense?

1) You work 4 hours every 11 months for a new mouse.
2) You spend 1 hour every 11 months for a free replacement.

If you pick option A I'm glad you make enough money to piss it away.

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium
join:2000-02-24
Not There
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

2 recommendations

reply to Ghastlyone
Another kudos to Logitech.
Had my G500 exhibit the same double click issue. Call to tech support and about 20 minutes later had a reference number for a new G500S to be shipped. Took about 2 days to get the mouse.
Excellent job, Logitech.
--
I'm actually not funny, I'm just really mean and people think I'm joking.

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
reply to Ghastlyone
My m570 trackball has just started doing the double click issue (seems to be common after a Google search a few days ago). I thought it was a low battery (it was the factory battery and was getting low) but after putting a new battery in it and it still doing the same thing I've come to realize it's the mouse itself. I've had this mouse for maybe 6 months, if that long. I'd heard about their warranty claims being fairly painless but I'm glad this is an issue they seem to be handling well as I was worried about it.

I've got a G15 keyboard (second generation, the one with only 6 macro buttons, not 15 or whatever the original had, though I had one of those too lol), and it's keys are wearing off badly. I've had this thing for years. Wonder if they will fix it as well? Fortunately I mostly know where the keys are so I don't need to see them to type but others that may use my computer aren't so lucky lol.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10
Bad luck with yours it seems. I have 3 of them. My oldest was purchased in 2011 & the others in 2012. Mine are functioning well.