Search similar:

uniqs
Darkshadow24
join:2010-10-10

2 edits

Darkshadow24

[Internet] Connection hub Fail

Hello,

seems like everyone on this forum is more helpful then bell support. I recently bought 15\10 plan nothing but headaches from the word go but that's anther story, Recently I found that I can not play online games + stream music off my cloud or play online games + download at the same time, Kills the connection hub, I don't lose sync with bell internet service at all I still have the same IP address everything its like a massive hicc up for 3 seconds then everything slowly recovers. Can I just run out buy a modem for ADSL and replace this connection hub? I say ADSL because there is no VDSL in my area.

When speaking to bell they said I had to do with a 3 party router that is in bridge mode that is making the connection hub hicc up.

Name: Bell Connection Hub
Firmware Version: FAST2864_v67428
Rescue Version: FAST2864_v77428
Hardware Version: 2864-000000-002

Ready to throw my speedstream 5200 at it and my dlink router and live with 6mbps -.-
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the SS 5200 is actually ADSL2+, and will work at 15/1 ADSL2....

Also if you have a 3rd party router as a bridge, it shouldn't be affecting the Sagemcom at all... you have your PPPoE credentials in the router? My understanding is that the Sagem doesn't do anything with the connection when you've got a router configured with PPPoE, but as most routers default to DHCP instead of PPPoE, and it will work in that configuration....
Darkshadow24
join:2010-10-10

Darkshadow24

Tested my the speedstream 5200 and I only cap out at 6mbps same with a speed stream 5360, The connection hub seems to block ports when im using the connection hub in pass threw mode. I Also totally agree that a 3rd party router shouldn't effect the connection hub ability to handle packets.