uniqs

SDL L3Tech
join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX

2 edits

4 recommendations

SDL L3Tech

[Speed] Eureka/Humboldt area upgrades

We’re happy to announce that we have completed an upgrade for the Eureka and surrounding areas in Humboldt.

There may be some additional work that will be required and we will be watching our tools to ensure everything looks good. However, from this point on please let me know if you are experiencing abnormally high latency, packet-loss, or slow speeds so we can work on isolating the problem and correcting it.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

This is good news for that area. I hope some of the people that were having issues will follow up with posts on how things are shaking out.
ws119
join:2005-05-01
united state

ws119 to SDL L3Tech

to SDL L3Tech
I pretty much noticed that there must have been an upgrade, because at 5pm I was still getting 17Mbps down.

8:30pm now and the connection is still solid. Thanks for updating us.

Horrary
@suddenlink.net

Horrary to SDL L3Tech

Anon

to SDL L3Tech
Holy crap!! My connection isn't dial-up speeds at night any more!! This is amazing! Thank you for your hard work upgrading Suddenlink's network. I've been beyond frustrated about this and was very close to bitting the bullet and switching to ATT dsl which would be only 3mbps. Now I've very glad I didn't; I'm getting 20mbps now around 7pm on a rainy Saturday when I'm sure most everyone is watching Netflix in the neighborhood. I still feel like I was used by Suddenlink for how long this took, but I'm glad their service is finally where it should be. Thanks again techs, and sorry for all the people who have (mis)directed their frustration towards you all on what I'm sure was a daily basis.
dhudson1984
join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV

dhudson1984 to SDL L3Tech

to SDL L3Tech
Awesome! Sometimes it just takes some time to get things done. There are way too many impatient people out there that just don't know some of the planning, etc. that it takes to deploy a big upgrade or whatever it may be. Glad you guys are seeing the fast speeds and reliability that I've had from day one!

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

dhudson, you just summed that up far more politely than I could ever have. Good job

GamerGeek
Premium Member
join:2003-07-26
Fortuna, CA

GamerGeek to SDL L3Tech

Premium Member

to SDL L3Tech
Will this address neighborhoods with a high quantity of users? Because here in my location in Fortuna, for going on 2 months now, every day at 5PM almost exactly, video streaming services such as YouTube and Netflix drop to a staggering 10% of throughput. 3PM it's fine. 4PM it's fine. 5PM and bam... it drops from 1Mbit to 150Kbit and stays there until 11:30 and often past midnight. A 10 minute, 720p YouTube video now takes up to 30 minutes to watch due to buffering, Netflix movies rarely go into HD mode, and Vimeo, which doesn't buffer quite the same as the others, is like a stuttering slideshow of frustration.

I can tell you it is not my equipment. My PC is less than a year old, my modem is also under a year since the last one was borked from a power surge. Even the connections at the drop outside my apartment are brandy-spanky new thanks to a local tech who took it upon himself to spend 2.5 hours replacing all the coax and connectors due to an incompetent and lazy contractor.

I won't even go into the whole tirade of paying $120+ a month for "8MB/0.5MB" basic internet service since that got me absolutely nowhere the last time.
Moostang
join:2009-03-24
Tyler, TX

Moostang

Have you experienced the slowdowns since sdl tek3 posted this thread? If so, I'd send him your information so he can investigate.
dhudson1984
join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV

1 edit

dhudson1984 to SDL L3Tech

to SDL L3Tech
Yes, please do that. If you read and paid attention the thread, then do what SDL L3Tech says to do if you're still experiencing problems.

GamerGeek
Premium Member
join:2003-07-26
Fortuna, CA

GamerGeek to Moostang

Premium Member

to Moostang
As I said, it has been at least 2 months that it has been performing poorly, so yes, I have been experiencing the slowdowns for more than 7 days.
GamerGeek

GamerGeek to dhudson1984

Premium Member

to dhudson1984
If you had paid attention, my post above asks a simple question and then continues on to describe my current and ongoing situation. That is how a message board works. I ask a question of the original poster and they have an opportunity to reply. Whether they decide to do so publicly or via private message after that is completely up to them.

I decided to ask publicly in hopes of receiving an answer from which everyone may derive benefit. If SDL L3Tech wishes to continue the discussion in private, he will ask me to do so. Otherwise, posting here is perfectly fine.

Now, do you wish to condescend to me further, or have you used up your quota of snark for the day?

SDL L3Tech
join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech to GamerGeek

to GamerGeek
said by GamerGeek:

As I said, it has been at least 2 months that it has been performing poorly, so yes, I have been experiencing the slowdowns for more than 7 days.

Fortuna is within Humboldt County and was covered within the upgrades. Please send PM me your cable modem's MAC address and your current Public IP (»whatismyip.com) so I can look into this for you.
Stragis
Premium Member
join:2013-11-16

Stragis to SDL L3Tech

Premium Member

to SDL L3Tech
Speeds holding strong around 6pm now. Thanks!
ws119
join:2005-05-01
united state

ws119 to SDL L3Tech

to SDL L3Tech
Well, just a few short days of no issues and now we're back to the same old story.

2down/1up
TurboNerd
join:2013-02-22
Clovis, NM

TurboNerd to SDL L3Tech

to SDL L3Tech
I have been told once upgrades are performed it is unknown if those upgrades would handle the load because as more people know they have usable internet they begin to use it which they couldn't before like we can't at certain times.

So it would be fixed but as more people figure out they have what they paid for they begin to use it "saturating" it out.