spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

900mhz Canopy/UBNT Colo

Has anyone actually tried taking a 900mhz Canopy tower with an HPOL omni and adding a directional UBNT 900mhz link?

Semaphore
Premium Member
join:2003-11-18

Semaphore

Premium Member

Yes, I have a Canopy 900 Site on an AnTel HPOL Omni. I wanted to move it to UBNT 900 for PtMP so we setup a PtP shot to another tower about 3 km away using two 900 Nano's. The Nano on the Canopy site was about 5 meters below the AnTel Omni.

Put a minor amount of load on the Nanos link (like 1Mbps). The Canopy link capacity tests sucked and the CCQ on the Nano at the site as single digits. They were at opposite ends of the 900 band, and the nano was set for 5Mhz channels. So, it didn't work worth a crap.... and I'm still looking for a way to get rid of that damn Moto.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

said by Semaphore:

Put a minor amount of load on the Nanos link (like 1Mbps). The Canopy link capacity tests sucked and the CCQ on the Nano at the site as single digits.

+1

There is no hope of colocation
900mhz filter ?Do they make them? 8mhz wide one might be useful? For both the canopy and UBNT 900mhz.
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

Anybody try with RF Armor?

Semaphore
Premium Member
join:2003-11-18

Semaphore

Premium Member

said by wirelessdog:

Anybody try with RF Armor?

Nope. I wouldn't be able to shield the 900 Sectors on that tower so shielding the Nano wouldn't have proven out what I needed to do.

I've seen 900 Mhz Filters available. Never Tried one. Maybe choking each unit to opposite sides of the band would help ? Since both are in plastic cases they are gonna bleed like mad before the chokes too so shielding both units is probably going to be needed as well.