All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

djcinc

@65.100.44.x

[Scam] Light in the Box is a joke and most likely a scam

First of all, they don't have a separate billing/shipping address on the initial account creation, so if shipping is not the billing, then you're bill doesn't match your card

Second, they'd already pre-authorized my card, but then told me they wanted a photo copy of it and my drivers license... at they FC? that has scam written all over it.

When I screen shot the authorization on my card from the bank, and told them there was NFW I was sending them pictures of my card or ID, and if they didn't push my order though I was going to flag the transaction on my card as fraudulent and turn them into every agency I can find... they canceled the order.

I'd say beware, they did refund my money, but... they are also foreign so they did not refund the $2 overseas something or another BS fee.

Midniteoyl

join:2013-11-22
Knox, IN
kudos:1
»[Scam] Mini in the box and Light in the box scam!

12.05.2012 IMPORTANT UPDATE: We are researching the *possibility* that many of the five star reviews posted may not reflect actual customer experiences.

»womeninbusiness.about.com/od/new···tore.htm

»forums.cnet.com/7723-10157_102-5···chinese/

djcinc

@65.100.44.x
I did post a review on their site, we'll see if it stays posted or gets deleted.

»www.lightinthebox.com/2-0-megapi···_reviews

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
I don't see any reviews that look like they're from unhappy campers.

I've heard enough about light/mini that I'll never do business with them.
--
Oh, Opera, what have you done?

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
Agreed. If they're not an out-and-out scam, their customer disservice is simply abysmal.