catdaddy63
Premium Member
join:2000-09-17
Tulsa, OK

4 recommendations

catdaddy63

Premium Member

Cancer Sucks....Still

I lost my dad to colon cancer in 1986, he was only 56 at the time. Last Saturday I lost my brother to colon cancer after a two year fight, he was eight days short of his 55th birthday. The difference in treatments over that span has changed dramatically, my dad had numerous surgeries and chemo treatments over a 5 year span, he fought like a champ but ultimately the cancer won. My brother was diagnosed in March 2012 with the same type of cancer my dad had, it was level 4 at the time meaning it had gone undetected for quite some time, other than a pain in his side he had no issues. He was treated via chemo for approximately 12 months and the cancer had stopped spreading and had actually shrunk in some areas, over the next few months and treatments his numbers started increasing again and the areas were growing and he was informed by his doctors that there was no treatment available to help and chemo was stopped. He passed away last weekend in his sleep with his wife and kids by his side. Cancer sucks.

Late in January I decided it was time for a new cruncher/home desktop and ordered a refurbed unit from Dell Outlet. I7-4770, 24GB ram, 2x2TB HDD, 256GB SSD, mid level video card to replace a nearly four year old I7-930. My brother was known on the forums he frequented as "Hambubba" as he was a ham radio operator and lived in south Louisiana, so when this new machine was first fired up this morning I named it "Hambubba" to honor my bro and keep crunching to find a cure for this horrific disease that has directly affected so many of us. Cancer sucks.

So we crunch on.....

Karl
aka Catdaddy63

youngerberry
MVM
join:2001-08-13
Shreveport, LA

youngerberry

MVM

Condolences sir. You are 100 per cent correct. Cancer sucks.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

1 edit

2 recommendations

lilhurricane to catdaddy63

Numquam oblita

to catdaddy63
All I've got going up and out your way, Karl ....
My sincerest sympathies on your loss

This is why we crunch, whether close to home...or just vague tie-ins elsewhere..
...and they are always with us..

Always....

My deepest condolences for your loss

I hope you know- we're all here for you..

bbrcat
Remembering Lisa...
MVM
join:2000-12-09
FL

bbrcat to catdaddy63

MVM

to catdaddy63
My sincerest condolences Karl.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to catdaddy63

Premium Member

to catdaddy63
Please accept my sincerest condolences Karl during this time. As Lisa has already said, this is exactly why we crunch. Hopefully one day our work will help stop this horrible and tragic disease.

May your brother rest in peace.

Ray422
MVM
join:2002-03-04
Lost

Ray422 to catdaddy63

MVM

to catdaddy63
So sad to read.
Sincere condolences.

Luvfishin
I guess things happen that way
Premium Member
join:2001-12-06
Canada

Luvfishin to catdaddy63

Premium Member

to catdaddy63
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. You are correct, cancer does suck!

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-06
Garden Grove, CA

suprleg to catdaddy63

Premium Member

to catdaddy63
My most heartfelt sympathies on the passing of your brother, I'm sure many here have felt the helplessness and horror of cancer...that's why we crunch.