spc
Search similar:

uniqs
unsatified
join:2014-02-08

unsatified to Tragedy

to Tragedy

Re: cogeco stups to new low.

Cogeco sent my bill that said I was being disconnected, two weeks after I paid my bill, and when I called to ask why, they told me they didn't send me a disconnection notice.when I told them it clealy said disconnection notice on top of my bill, to which they replied " thats just a formality, and you can just ignore it".

I believe it was sent as an attempt to scare me into paying my bill early.

A terrorist is someone that attempts to gain a position by instilling fear. So, by definition, that makes them terrorists.

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, then it is definitely a duck.

People can deal with cogeco if they choose. In my opinion, cogeco isnt worth the time, or money.

Switching to start soon, I have to wait for cogeco to jack me for another month, so 30 day disconnection notice.

If a service provider treats their customers with respect, and provides the quality of service they say they will give, then you wnt need contracts, or 30 day notice for cancellation

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

1 recommendation

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by unsatified:

A terrorist is someone that attempts to gain a position by instilling fear. So, by definition, that makes them terrorists.

It's unfortunate that you exaggerate greatly throughout many of your posts as you do have a legitimate point I agree with concerning the date at which they mail out their invoices vs. the date they claim the invoice is created.

Sadly you lose the sympathy others may have for you when you keep referring to them as 'terrorists'.
said by unsatified:

30 day notice for cancellation

That's an industry standard, the terms of which are provided by service providers. You can determine this online prior to signing up with a service provider so it shouldn't be a surprise:

»www.rogers.com/cms/pdf/e ··· S_En.pdf
»support.bell.ca/Internet ··· -service
»telus.com/content/help/b ··· reements

etc., etc.
unsatified

1 edit

unsatified

I will assure you none of my posts are exaggerations, and cogeco has the same copies of the phone conversations that I have. If cogeco feels nome of my statements are true, they can have their lawyer sue me for deformation of their business character. They have even tried to tell me im not allowed to record phone conversations without their consent, which is not true. Ontario is one sided consent. When they state they are recording the phone call for quality assurance, it allows me to keep a copy with having to tell them im doing it, yet I do tell them and the first thing they say is they are going to hang up. Why would they hang up? Is what I ask? And tell them they dont need to worry about being recorded if they are doing their job properly.

You think im here for sympathy? Nothing could be farther from the truth. I go to my mother when I need sympathy. I am only here to tell some facts, I will post the proof later this afternoon , I have some running around to do, in hopes that I can help someone from making a mistake by ordering this service.

Check out chch news hamilton from 6pm on jan 14th 2014, the story about canada posts mail delivery problems, people only getting mail once every other week, and all bills coming in late, recieving bills after the due date is past, and the guy stated all of their service providers were sympathetic to the situation and would forgo the late payment interest, except for cogeco, who said they didnt care, you're still paying the interest. Which is their right. I find it cold, and heartless.
unsatified

unsatified

I was aware of the 30 day notice of cancellation, as they told me when I ordered the service. My referance to that in my previous posts was not that I thought the practice is illegal, but more that it should stand as a warning to customers, that if a service provider provides the quality service they claim in their commercials, then the last thing on their mind should be trying to jack you for another month in their sales pitch when ordering a service.

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim to unsatified

MVM,

to unsatified
urbanriot See Profile will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe his comment on exaggeration was aimed at your use of the word 'terrorist' in reference to a Cable company, ISP.
said by Wikipedia :
Terrorism is the systematic use of violence (terror) as a means of coercion for political purposes. In the international community, terrorism has no legally binding, criminal law definition
The hyperbole unfortunately detracts from this thread.
unsatified

unsatified

The meaning of a word can change with everyone that reads it. You have repeated a definition from a dictionary, and not the one I read.

The american heritage dictionary says terrorism is the unlawful use, or threatened use, of force or violance, by a person, or group, with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or goverments.

The unlawful use of force is a disconnection notice sent two week after the bill was paid in full. Then I was told to ignore it, it was just a formality, so, it was sent to intimidate to get more money on the 1st, when the bill shouldnt be due until the 6th.

I think ive spent far enough time on this here, im make more progress show everyone I know what they are about. Im at 10 people making the switch to start communications.

You can all go to cogeco if you choose, just make sure you bring a big jar of vasoline....cause they wont care if they give it to you dry...lol

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim

MVM,

I'm not here to debate how intimidated you feel by Cogeco's notice.

Your decision is your own and your actions to switch providers shows that you're willing to follow through and put your money where your mouth is.
That is commendable here on the internet, so well done!

In case you haven't discovered the Start Communications Forum here it is.
»Start.ca

I hope you have a better experience with them.
oCyberFreako
join:2013-07-25
Sarnia, ON
Technicolor DCM476
TP-Link Archer C7
D-Link DIR-655 Rev. B

oCyberFreako to unsatified

to unsatified
said by unsatified:

A due date is not decided by the service provider, it is decided by the consumer bill of rights, which says "a company provinding a service cannnot demand payment until all services on the bill have been rendered." Meaning, if you billing period ia jan 1st to jan 31st, then they cannot demand payment until jan 31st. Prepaid contracts dont apply.

Except for when services are under Future Performance Agreements and there are other caveats under Monthly Renewals wherein if you had agreed to the terms of service/conditions you are also obliged to pay for them when they are 'due'.

Which by accepting the service and paying for it; you have agreed to them whether or not you have read them.

I've read the consumer bill of rights (where it applies in Ontario) and there are times when you are required to pay, for some that is with Motor Vehicles, and other services like Construction (you are required to pay within 30 days, or suffer a lien against your property) But those aren't necessarily mentioned in this specific Act. There are other legal acts that can and do take precedence, you have to look in other venue's like the CRTC.

TL;DR: You're not the only one who is being billed this way and is the 'norm', there are certain phone services including cellphones where you pay the monthly fee ahead of receiving the services, and you're also billed on top for the extra services that you use. (going over on your minutes, or long distance calls)

These are stated in the ToS/ToC, and are acceptable policies by the government, other businesses, and consumers alike.

If you want changes, go ahead and run for government. Vote with your wallet, or actually vote in a ballot.

I hate to say it, but it's times like these where you have to accept what is given to you, and make the best out of it.

--If you're having problems with your finances, ask for help, don't just complain.
unsatified

unsatified

I have a company that subcontracts from general contractors, a construction lien is something you have already in place from the first day you set foot on a construction site, and stays active until 45 days from the last day you have provided services on that site, if you are not paid , you just have to notify the court of the lien within 45 days of your last day worked on the site. The general contractor applies for an occupancy licience 45 days after all subcontractors have provided labour and materials, the inspector has a list of any moneies owed, and they will not pass an occupancy inspection until all bills have been paid in full.

I can't speak about any of the companies that I have not dealt with, but, out of all the companies I deal with now, cogeco is the only one that moves my due date back. I pay rogers for cell phone service, $200 a month, I activated my services on the 24th of th month, and my due date on every bill is still, after 8 years, and changing many plans, the 24th of every month.

Start communications bills on the 1st of every month, so they claim, I havent experienced getting bills from them.

Cogeco is the only company that I have been billed sporadically, so , I dont see it to be an industry norm.

There is also a bill in the house of commons that falls under the collections act. That is going to help combat companies that will bill in this manner.

If cogeco wants to bill in this manner, so be it, let the buyer beware. Im working hard to have thier customers switch over to start communications for the $25 a head, I get for a referral. I said to the sales rep "if I find your service everything people say it is, then, im going to be the poster boy for getting cogeco's customers to make the switch".

I have been following the start communications rewiews on this site, and they have the highest success rate...
unsatified

unsatified to oCyberFreako

to oCyberFreako
Problems with my finances.......lmfao..... all of these companies recieve a payment, in the amount of my bill, no later than a week after my due date. Their problem is not with "if im going to pay", their problem is with "when im going to pay". I dont mind paying the extra 2% a month to make sure im recieving all my services I pay for. My issue is that they are moving the dates back, and I have been charged 2 of the 2% late payment charges in a two teek peroid.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers to unsatified

Anon

to unsatified
said by unsatified:

Start communications bills on the 1st of every month, so they claim, I havent experienced getting bills from them.

Like I said before. If you don't want to pay bills on time don't goto start. They do auto bank withdraw or credit card on the 1st. The only way to stop these is to make a payment via internet banking before the first and enough time for it to clear. The due date is the same day you get the bill.
unsatified

unsatified

Im hearing such good things about start, I will give them a month deposit, and pay every bill on the second of each month. If I see they have the same creative billing as cogeco, I will move on to another provider.

Heres another thought, I will get $25 credit for each person I refer to start, I already have 10 people, family and friends, (all on cogeco), waiting for me to try start, and let them know if they are worth the price, then they will also switch. Theres 4-5 months service there. Then they will seek and destroy for more people to switch.

I feel ive been ripped off by cogeco, so, im just getting my money back.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers

Anon

Or you could just pay them on the 1st of the month.
unsatified

unsatified

Paying a company on the 1st isnt a viable option either. Another industry standard is that they all whine and cry that it takes them 5 days to to process a payment. I paid cogeco, and recieved a call the next week, asking me for my payment. Only after having to argueing with the collections rep , who was sure I was a lieing dead beat, was able to put me on hold a couple more min while she called another dept to see if I was telling her the truth, only to come back and state they were processing a payment that they recieved from my bank on the day I stated.

This is another pet peeve of mine. Why do companies set up a company in a manner that the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing? Then they make us feel like we're lieing about sending them payments. Maybe they could do a little investigating, maybe call to the other dept first, then they wont look like a complete moron when they realize I was telling the truth about when I pay.

I have a construction company, and I run into problems with people that make payments late from time to time, for various reasons. if the girl that handles my accounts recievable were to ask a client "why does it take you 35 days to pay your bill?", which is what a cogeco rep asked me, she would be looking for another job. My clients are the reason I have food on my table, and are treated with respect, no matter when they pay me.

I replied to the rep with "why do you send me a bill every 28 days?". She was at a loss for words.

If cogeco can't extend a customer credit, a week past their due date, without calling and attempting to belittle them, maybe they should ask for prepaid contracts, like wind, and the day your account goes to zero, cut them off. Then the customer would have to call cogeco to get belittled.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by unsatified:

Another industry standard is that they all whine and cry that it takes them 5 days to to process a payment.

I'm fairly certain Bell Canada just resolved a class action not that long ago regarding the day they consider payment to have been made. They were crying the blues that it took days and days for payments to be received once customers sent a cheque.

I believe the settlement revolved around Bell having to post the payment the day the customer SENT it, not when Bell received it. And that was paper cheques in the mail.

As part of the interac/lft settlement agreement for online and electronic processing, to which all institutions are a party to, the record which the recipient institution receives contains a timestamp upon which the posting date is to be based.

Mike
mrheisman
join:2008-03-12
Wallaceburg, ON

mrheisman to unsatified

to unsatified
Comparing your small business (2400 employees) is just as silly as your terrorists comparison. The same thing with your resentment to pay your bills on your given due date, you're misunderstanding Start's size. They are much, much smaller than Cogeco and therefor, don't require a business day or two to process payments. With them, they're applied to your account instantly.
mrheisman

mrheisman

I don't know why my post is edited that way. This was my original post: "Comparing your small business (2400 employees) is just as silly as your terrorists comparison. The same thing with your resentment to pay your bills on your given due date, you're misunderstanding Start's size. They are much, much smaller than Cogeco and therefor, don't require a business day or two to process payments. With them, they're applied to your account instantly. "
mrheisman

mrheisman to unsatified

to unsatified
Hmmm, it did it again and I can't delete it. Oh well.
mrheisman

mrheisman to unsatified

to unsatified
Comparing your small business with less than 20 employees, to a corporation with 2400 employees is just as silly as your terrorists comparison. The same thing with your resentment to pay your bills on your given due date, you're misunderstanding Start's size. They are much, much smaller than Cogeco and therefor, don't require a business day or two to process payments. With them, they're applied to your account instantly.

LOL There we go. I had to remove the special characters.
unsatified

unsatified to dillyhammer

to dillyhammer
Yes, I did read the class action suit against bell canada, chalk one up for the little guy.
I pay my personal bills through online banking, and cogeco tries to tell me it takes my bank to 3 or 4 day to send it to them. This is another incorrect statement. If I send the money before 6pm, the payment is sent after midnight. If I send the payment after 6pm, its processed after midnight the next day after midnight.
unsatified

unsatified to mrheisman

to mrheisman
Having more employees gives an employee the right to not do their job properly? If a rep is going to call and belittle a customer, they should, at the very least, call the dept handling payment processing, before you call the customer.
unsatified

unsatified to mrheisman

to mrheisman
I have cell phones through rogers, I pay them in the same manner, and I have never recieved a call asking me to pay my bill, in 8 years. They know how to look at an account and see that they consistantly get paid a week after the due date, and dont feel the need to call. Im sure they have more than 20 employees
mrheisman
Wallaceburg, ON

mrheisman to unsatified

to unsatified
Umm, an owner is obviously going to be more biased and persistent in making sure the customer is satisfied (by firing a rude CSR) than some low level call center manager.
unsatified

unsatified

I dont embrace excuses for why csr's treat people rudely. First, it's the csr not doing their job properly, now its a low level call center manager not doing their job properly.

The rude treatment of a csr is the minor part of why I started this thread. I am more concerned of my due dates moving back, and the csr telling me the reason for this is that im being punished for paying my bill being paid late. I dont think it was the csr, or the low level manager's choice to move my date back.
unsatified

unsatified

First thing siad before talking to live csr, a recording says the phone call is being recorded for quality assurance. So, I dont think the quality assurance person is doing their job either.
mrheisman
Wallaceburg, ON

mrheisman to unsatified

to unsatified
LOL As expected you've missed the point entirely. I will leave you with the hope that you enjoy your time with Start as I'm sure their prepaid system will force you back to Cogeco.
unsatified

unsatified

Lol, check their review records, start has only 2 bad reviews out of almost 200 reviews, and cogeco has almost half of their reviews being bad. That shows me I can trust start, and will make the payments early.

Run back to cogeco? Lol, I'd rather set myself on fire and run through a meth lab before I run back to cogeco.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to Tragedy

Premium Member

to Tragedy
said by Tragedy :

said by unsatified:

I would prefer cogeco didn't reply to this, I can't trust what you tell me, your company has more stories than walt disney, and I dont negotiate with terrorists.

I don't know if you have a legitimate beef or not, but don't call people terrorists who don't deserve it. As someone who lost a family member on September 11th, I find this insulting.

As a native New Yorker who knows several families affected by 9/11, I fully agree.

Terrorists are out to cause great bodily injury, preferably death, to other people.

This does not apply to the OP relationship with Cogeco.

He surely lost any sympathy from me, and I am sure from many others.

As for Cogeco, they probably will have a party when such a PITA customer leaves them.

Who the hell worries about what will happen to the bill during the month of your death? I'm surprised he doesn't pay all his other bills late as well, using the same reasoning.
mrheisman
Wallaceburg, ON

mrheisman

+1

I couldn't have typed it better myself.
Expand your moderator at work