spc
Search similar:

uniqs

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

1 edit

motorola870

curious about the work At&t is doint at my VRAD?

Click for full size
Click for full size
At&t has been putting markers on the concrete next to the VRAD, junction box and there is a symbol in paint that looks like the symbol for fiber optic right next to my local VRAD not to mention At&t has dug up the fiber optic cable running to the CO on the main road from my VRAD as there is a strip of dirt next to the main road where you can tell they dug up the fiber cabling not to mention the main telephone pots line coming into my neighborhood had new cable hanging from the pole where it goes from arial to underground and I also saw At&t contractors moving some of the fiber from underground to arial a little bid further up the road towards the CO. I am wondering if they are getting ready to rollout 45/6 in my neighborhood? I mean we are currently stuck at 24/3 and that is the same for the entire neighborhood.

whamel
Premium Member
join:2002-05-09
Evergreen Park, IL
·AT&T FTTP

2 edits

whamel

Premium Member

Small cell deployment, we have 25+ of these over my town....
»www.billhamel.net/uverse ··· ell1.jpg
»www.billhamel.net/uverse ··· ell2.jpg
»www.billhamel.net/uverse ··· ell3.jpg

ALL of these "towers" are within a few hundred feet of a VRAD...in my area at least.
One day, while getting off train from work, a tower had been erected across the street from station. I was just glancing and noticed 3 people at base of power pole, looking confused. I got in my car, and slid in slowly behind them. Opened my window and said, "those fans are noisy, ain't they?" They all looked at me like I heard a mouse fart. One guy said, hey how u hear that in ur car? I say...those are the creation of AT&T. Theres one thats been by my house for over a month. They are "small cells".
They all looked at me, considered theirs responses, and didn't argue. I said, well we fought the tower install on the water tower, won that, and this is their retort! Now who has last laugh...
whamel

whamel to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
»AT&T Plans Massive Small Cell Push [52] comments
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

It's the same in my area, although, I can say, our LTE coverage/service quality is much better now. So, it's all good IMO.

whamel
Premium Member
Evergreen Park, IL
·AT&T FTTP

whamel

Premium Member

I use Verizon, have for almost 18 years, back when it was Ameritech Cellular on 1G Analog. Have stayed with them buyout after buyout. Since Ameritech made first cell call in Chicago in 80's and developed the technology, figured I would stay with 'em.
Also helps when I get these speeds via the FCC Speed Test app consistently, and subscribe to the 14GB data plan, and use all 14GB every month...
I would drop Verizon only if they, literally, kicked me in the ass with a steel toed boot. That's when I would consider another carrier....
doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

I'm just glad to see them doing something with the fiber they have pulled to these vrads. I forget the numbers now but a few years ago I was talking to a tech installing a vrad and the amount of fiber they were pulling was insane for the u-verse services offered then (and even now).

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup to whamel

to whamel
said by whamel:

(lots of pictures)

Boy, I bet the local electric utility just *loves* that

whamel
Premium Member
Evergreen Park, IL
·AT&T FTTP

whamel

Premium Member

COPPER RUN TO VRAD
said by mixdup:

said by whamel:

(lots of pictures)

Boy, I bet the local electric utility just *loves* that

hahhahahahah...i'm gonna go look at the meter tomorrow, actually. its just a few doors down...

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to whamel

to whamel
said by whamel:

Small cell deployment, we have 25+ of these over my town....
»www.billhamel.net/uverse ··· ell1.jpg
»www.billhamel.net/uverse ··· ell2.jpg
»www.billhamel.net/uverse ··· ell3.jpg

ALL of these "towers" are within a few hundred feet of a VRAD...in my area at least.
One day, while getting off train from work, a tower had been erected across the street from station. I was just glancing and noticed 3 people at base of power pole, looking confused. I got in my car, and slid in slowly behind them. Opened my window and said, "those fans are noisy, ain't they?" They all looked at me like I heard a mouse fart. One guy said, hey how u hear that in ur car? I say...those are the creation of AT&T. Theres one thats been by my house for over a month. They are "small cells".
They all looked at me, considered theirs responses, and didn't argue. I said, well we fought the tower install on the water tower, won that, and this is their retort! Now who has last laugh...

Don't think this is small cells because my area has good cell coverage plus I am not anywhere near where they are going to focus the deployment on no parks, stadiums, malls etc.

I do know that:
#1 there are a lot of Uverse subscribers in my area
#2 the VRAD was installed in 2008 so maybe they need more capacity?

besides why would they mark the main trunk line from the Crossbox if the work wasn't for the VRAD? Also there is markings next to the VRAD that are in orange paint that the have the Fiber Optic notation where I pointed out.

whamel
Premium Member
Evergreen Park, IL
·AT&T FTTP

whamel

Premium Member

The small cell info I attached, MADE by AT&T is a promotional piece. They don't want to show photos of that what I posted, claim it is small cell, and also say it is "good looking" and "fits in with the landscape"
The backhaul for the 4G LTE wireless is run on fiber to the VRAD, using the same fiber demarc box as U-Verse, but just using the dark fiber yet activated. My VRAD was installed in '08 as well. it is a mini-pad mounted thing. For this small cell they run the fiber from the VRAD into a much larger VRAD looking thing. I ha\ve only seen these boxes added when the small cells are installed.
Funny thing is. The Verizon, T-Mobile, SPrint and Clearwire antennas and hardware were installed on the water tower after all. Recently. AT&T CHOSE not to use the water tower. YES, citizens whined over the "look" of the antennas on the water tower, especially to since it literally on the same land as the high school. Parents cried that wireless cell radiation and increased signal coverage inside the high school is a breeding ground for bad. AT&T said f' it in meantime, said lets make use of the this investment in U-Verse fiber deployment, fiber that sits dark otherwise, and used it roll out small cells. It is a great, cheap viable way to dramatically increase cell signal, while "densifiy" AT&T's 4G LTE deployments.

OTHERWISE I have NO idea what they are doing playing around on the poles and installing stuff. It to me is the only logical explanation.

MAYBE i'm not seeing the whole picture here. YOU definitely could just have a re configuring of the fiber/copper in ur area. I cant reallt tell. ALL signs point to an eventual install of small cell.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, even the mini-pad VRAD's have more fiber run to them that they can even use, meaning dark fiber. I don't see why they would be adding fiber to the VRAD. From all accounts, the initial fiber install ensured that if AT&T was going to stay serious in wireline broadband, that it was going to make damn sure it had enough fiber backbone to sustain any shift in the market. If not used by customers, they will use it to gain some sort of competitive advantage.
Paralel
Michigan, US

Paralel to motorola870

to motorola870
I would place a very strong bet on Whamel being correct.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Paralel:

I would place a very strong bet on Whamel being correct.

here is the thing I talked to a Uverse installer and he said something about possibility of adding another circuit as he noted that the circuit was marked on the road where it leaves the cross box and today I went by and actually the fiber does not go up that pole there is just a orange fiber optic jacket popping up from under ground waiting to be connected that is capped off.

help
@comcast.net

help to whamel

Anon

to whamel
Maybe fiber from the vrad to new micro-nodes. I need some help. If someone could post the URL for this. Google... micro-nodes/animation close the animation and on the picture click on pole and click on sealed more info ----three new ???? fiber feed ???? very small vdsl2 nodes. -48v co power . 7367ISAM SX -48

IllBite
@sbcglobal.net

IllBite

Anon

said by help :

need some help. If someone could post the URL for this...

www.alcatel-lucent.com/products/7367-isam-sx-dx

That what you want?

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to motorola870

to motorola870
Maybe it's the perspective, but it looks like those are sitting on the sidewalk, with a "bump out" toward the street, maybe to maintain some minimum width.

So my first thought regarding the markings was, "Some public agency or authority demanded that they move the equipment off the sidewalk, so they bought an easement from the adjacent homeowner and now they have to relocate the cabinets."

I am surprised this placement could pass muster with anyone who had the power or responsibility to act in the public interest, which makes me wonder if anyone in Arlington has any power or responsibility to act in the public interest. (Owners' interest if this is a private development.)

Does no one walk in this area? Is there no one whose children bicycle and tricycle on that sidewalk? Are there no sight-impaired walkers or wheelchair users who could raise accessibility concerns? No stroller joggers? Or does AT&T just own everybody?
Paralel
Michigan, US

1 edit

Paralel to motorola870

to motorola870
The placement really does make one wonder what the hell ATT, or their subcontractor, was thinking... If that was my street I'd be raising hell about the placement of that box.

HELP
@comcast.net

HELP to IllBite

Anon

to IllBite
Thank you : IllBite. The URL I was looking for has the picture on the page to show the flexibility of the micro-nodes. Using a diff laptop I can post the page. »:www.alcatel-lucent.com/ ··· ro-nodes.