spc
Search similar:

uniqs
floydb1982
join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA

floydb1982

The worst & best Media Player ever

RealPlayer G2 & RealJukebox are by far the worst Media Players that Real Network could have ever come out with. I don't know if there still in business but that was the last time I used RealNetworks.

As for the best Media Player I use the latest iTunes to buy the latest album and rip CD's using Windows Media Player 12 in the Windows Media Audio Professional 192 Kbps format.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

1 edit

darcilicious

Premium Member

If we're talking about music, Spotify is my favorite player as it streams from a catalog of 20 million songs and I can play my local song files. I can also sync either online or local songs to my iDevices wrielessly without using iTunes (which I use as little as possible). I buy most of my digital music from Amazon.

To stream my song files remotely, I use Plex but mostly because that is also my video player of choice, at home or remotely.

Another good player for local and remote streaming is subsonic (will do video and audio).

(EDIT: and for ripping, I use Exact Audio Copy, properly calibrated to the PC, etc)

I've avoided RealAnything® for well over a decade now.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to floydb1982

to floydb1982
Ya know after reading your post I recalled back in the day when several sites would have exclusive deals with realplayer, and you would have to install it to stream video and audio from them. I remember trying to help people recover after installing it... or getting it to install.... I have to agree that that old school real player (G2 and others) was the worst of the worst.

The last I head of Real they were making a new version that let you save your youtube and other online video to your local drive, I thought at the time.. that is a great concept, the MAFIAA will have it shut down in no time... it faded from my mind... until your post.

I just tried visiting real.com to see what they are up to these days... my system blocks their website for ad tracking malware... guess they are continuing in their tradition of excellence

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

1 recommendation

darcilicious

Premium Member

Went to their site and they're basically cloud storage for videos now...

RealPlayer Cloud enables you to move, watch and share your videos. When you share videos with friends and family they’ll be able to play them on any device or operating system, without downloading the RealPlayer Cloud app. No more worrying about formatting or converting videos, or carrying HDMI and USB cables to connect devices to each other to watch videos. It just works.

Upload videos of any format to the cloud and they are automatically adjusted for your device screen-size, bandwidth, and device type prior to playback. RealPlayer Cloud supports all popular formats like FLV, WMV, MKV, DIVX, XVID, MOV, AVI, and MP4. Once videos are in the RealPlayer Cloud you can share them privately with friends and family. If your devices are using the same Wi-Fi network you can use RealPlayer Cloud to easily download videos to one device from the other.

RealPlayer Cloud is powered by SurePlayTM, a new technology developed by RealNetworks that ensures videos will play correctly on the device used for viewing. Learn more about SurePlay and how to use RealPlayer Cloud in the posts below.

Jehu
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
MA

Jehu to floydb1982

Premium Member

to floydb1982
No love for Fubar2000 ? One heck of a media player.