spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Booost
@optonline.net

Booost

Anon

7 hour outage

Well that was fun. A 7 hour outage this morning. What happened?
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

No outage here
Expand your moderator at work

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to Booost

Premium Member

to Booost

Re: 7 hour outage

No outage here on LI

Booost
@optonline.net

Booost

Anon

Since cablewizzard seems to have inside information, I was just hoping he would explain what happened and why it took 7 hours to fix.
champs18
join:2014-01-19
White Haven, PA

champs18 to Booost

to Booost

I can't tell you how many times board members have belittled me for questioning CV. Just another case of CV employees or pro CV board members doing what they do best!
champs18

champs18

Both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1? Seriously?
cabletecht
join:2012-06-08

cabletecht to champs18

to champs18
You should be contacting CV directly for that kind of inquiry. Not even cablewizzard can tell you what happened even if he worked for CV without your account info. (how is he suppose to know what node your on?) If you really need to know then post on the direct forum or live chat CV, I don't see why they wouldn't tell you.

If it took 7 hours to fixed it could have been fiber break or possibly CV didn't have access to the equipment needed to fix it for some reason.
root
join:2002-12-11

root to champs18

to champs18
said by champs18:

Both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1? Seriously?

Haha you honestly think Cablevision is going to throttle you because you're using Windows? Say that out loud to yourself and maybe you'll realize how silly it sounds. Check the drivers for your NIC.
champs18
join:2014-01-19
White Haven, PA

champs18

I did and also plugged in a different PC (a laptop) with Windows 7 on it. Same Issue. If only it was a driver issue - that is so easy to fix.

Anyone who has ongoing issues with CV should apply the three strikes rule. Give them two chances to address the issue. The third time it happens contact the NYS Better Business Bureau. CV will contact you within 24 hours and send out senior technicians to your home and neighborhood.

With my pixelation TV problem, it ended up being an issue outside of my building.

With the internet, the apartment was rewired and a new modem supplied. Time will tell if that is the fix. They certainly can't see my computer on the network when this happens. Log into Ubuntu, then suddenly they know what kind of computer I own. Plug in any Windows laptop and then CV can't connect to the internet. Very strange indeed.

I now have a phone number to a senior supervisor who will address any issue. CV does not want me contacting the BBB Bureau.
champs18

champs18 to cabletecht

to cabletecht
True and don't forget to demand a credit for lost service. They really do want to make customers happy, with major prodding.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

3 recommendations

frdrizzt to Booost

to Booost
OSP had to replace a flux capacitor, because of 1.21 jigawatts of noise.

You will need to give your address or account info to someone from CV to see if there was any outage posted.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by frdrizzt:

best OP reply ever !

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to frdrizzt

Premium Member

to frdrizzt
said by frdrizzt:

You will need to give your address or account info to someone from CV to see if there was any outage posted.

That's great lmao

Booost
@optonline.net

Booost to cabletecht

Anon

to cabletecht
said by cabletecht:

You should be contacting CV directly for that kind of inquiry. Not even cablewizzard can tell you what happened even if he worked for CV without your account info. (how is he suppose to know what node your on?) If you really need to know then post on the direct forum or live chat CV, I don't see why they wouldn't tell you.

If it took 7 hours to fixed it could have been fiber break or possibly CV didn't have access to the equipment needed to fix it for some reason.

Since there was a 30 minute hold time on the phone, it would seem the outage was fairly widespread, and not just my node. I doubt it was a fiber break (at least not local), because the Internet was out, but most TV stations were still on. But channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 13, and 350 were out. 350 is EncoreHD, but the other Encore channels were fine. 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 were fine. What would cause these symptoms?

I'm sure calling Customer Service to ask about an outage in the past would be a waste of everyone's time.
Booost

Booost

Anon

P.S. I'm on the Warren head-end, and it happened at approx. 6:38 AM on Sunday.
Booost

Booost

Anon

Not complaining. Just wondering what happened. Which used to be the type of discussions this forum had in the good old days. Technical discussions on how CV's system worked, etc.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

1 edit

8 recommendations

Thinkdiff to Anon

MVM,

to Anon

Yeah.. what an asshole for not letting everybody gang up on Bob..Booost. We should be able to hurl personal insults at whoever we want!

BTW. Anybody that's been on this site more than a little while should be able to figure out who Booost is and that no amount of screaming at him is going to change anything he does .