All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

anon

@rr.com

Anyone else tired of TW Cable's useless customer service?

Is anyone else tired of Time Warner's customer service? Every time I call with an issue with a channel, they waste 45 minutes of my time resetting the DVR in various ways, then they want to schedule a service tech. Meanwhile, 99% of the time the real problem is on their side and it takes them days to get addressed, probably because they disregard what their subscribers are reporting since they see nothing "officially" showing in the system.

For example, the last two days NBC Sports HD has been pixellating terribly here in Columbus. No other channel is doing this (nor was NBC Sports a few days ago). I'm sure this is a complete coincidence, but the Olympics are running on NBC Sports and there are a ton of people watching it. Solution presented: schedule a tech to come out 5 days from now. I guarantee you that by the time the guy comes out the issue will finally have been fixed on TW's end.

Another problem I've reported 4-5 times is that descriptive video service is sometimes enabled for movies on Turner Movie Classics. It's only on that channel, it's not every movie, and DVS is off in my settings. I've reported this I don't know how many times in the past few months, we've been into the settings on both of our DVRs, and it still isn't fixed.

It's like these reps are paid to give you a runaround.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:20

1 edit
You've presented TWCs solutions, so what solutions do you have?

Just curious as I've worked multiple positions for several cable companies. In tech support roles sent to homes, line maintenance, on the phone, and back office positions, so I've seen a wide variety of causes and solutions to problems.
--
I'll make it work.... hand me that BFR.

Pegasus
Premium
join:2008-01-04
united state
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to anon
said by anon :

Lets be realistic here, there are some very hard working reps. some of whom occupy these forums. Just as with any business there are layers and layers of people and communications that the information you provide floats through before it gets to the correct place. Ive never worked for twc but from past call center experience your pretty limited as to what ever systems your terminal will allow you access to. And you cant fault them for trouble shooting as stupid as it may seem because call agents at any company are expected to follow a certain procedure every call no matter what and they are monitored. its not like they can put you on hold and walk over to a magical rack and move a wire around to fix your issue. No one is paid to intentionally screw you over or provide you with a bad experience TWC is a very large company with a lot of plant to maintain. request a credit & wait it out.

Satch

join:2009-11-25
said by Pegasus:

said by anon :

Lets be realistic here, there are some very hard working reps. some of whom occupy these forums. Just as with any business there are layers and layers of people and communications that the information you provide floats through before it gets to the correct place. Ive never worked for twc but from past call center experience your pretty limited as to what ever systems your terminal will allow you access to. And you cant fault them for trouble shooting as stupid as it may seem because call agents at any company are expected to follow a certain procedure every call no matter what and they are monitored. its not like they can put you on hold and walk over to a magical rack and move a wire around to fix your issue. No one is paid to intentionally screw you over or provide you with a bad experience TWC is a very large company with a lot of plant to maintain. request a credit & wait it out.

All true,

But they have to go threw the scripted stuff because there's no distinction between the tech savvy guys like us and the 80-year old grandmother that doesn't know basic trouble shooting who is calling. So they are going to say, reboot the box. A step to do in your initial conversation with a level 1 CSR is to simply say, "I have already unplugged the box and rebooted, nothing changed." All the reps can really do is one of three things:

1.) Have customers reboot their boxes or reboot the boxes for them.
2.) Send signal hits to the boxes
3.) Handle billing issues, add, change, or disconnection of services.
4.) Do truck rolls

I agree that there should be something else there so that people don't have to start with step 1 all over again every time they call. Why TWC can't just escalate repeat call center issues to level 2 if an issue is already in the system-you would assume that the reps can see it on the account, but so many times, they don't.

What specific training or support service with regard to TWC is needed for improvement? What areas do they do well? It seems that the field techs are more knowledgeable than phone support. Everyone says the on-light chat is a big scripted joke.

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
"I agree that there should be something else there so that people don't have to start with step 1 all over again every time they call. Why TWC can't just escalate repeat call center issues to level 2 if an issue is already in the system-you would assume that the reps can see it on the account, but so many times, they don't."

Interesting discussion. I am not sure however what you mean by a repeat call center issue.

Your list is of things call centers can do is correct, you forgot:

5) Check Outage Information
6) Report up trends such a individual missing channels
7) Educate customers on Remotes controls, Inputs, TV Settings.
8) Check box signal levels and whether the box is in two way.

Call center agents, Tier 1 or even Tier 2 (If there was one) can not fix something in the home, on the node or in the headend, they can eliminate stuff and then roll a truck.

There is a group of people sitting behind the Call center looking at and plotting every truck that has been rolled on an infrastructure map, that's where the real investigation is taking place not by an agent trained to take phone calls and eliminate the very prevalent customer education issues.

said by Satch:

It seems that the field techs are more knowledgeable than phone support.

More knowledgeable at what? Issues at the pole, in the home, at the head end? Of course they are because that's what they do. A very small percentage of phone calls actually end up in the field due to the knowledge of the call center reps.

Hob

For information, I have worked in the Cable customer care field for 13 years.
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

anon

@rr.com
reply to DrDrew
What solutions do I have?

For both matters I presented, report the problem on your side and don't assume it's just a local issue in my house. Not more than 2-3 weeks ago, there was a problem where several channels were not available. I knew it was on their end but they wasted over 2h of my time over several calls trying to troubleshoot it. Then they scheduled a tech for 4 days later. So the day before the tech comes I get a call saying they "made some changes" and to try again. And here's a shocker, it was magically fixed. I called and found out that something was fouled up on their side due to a bundle change of some kind and that caused certain channels to become unavailable for a bunch of customers. It apparently took them days to be convinced by callers that there was something there that they needed to look into. It just seems incredibly poor to me. Sure they'll credit you for the few days, but to get that you have to wait 1/2 hour on the phone and then deal with useless troubleshooting to even get that.

With the DVS, it's still a problem months later, but I guess no one cares about that one. I can't convince anyone to actually show that it is being fixed.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:6
reply to Satch
You guys actually get Tier 1? I have not for several years. All calls result in a robot at Oceanic on Oahu asking questions and depending on the answer are then immediately routed directly to NHD in the Philippines (although I don't know about currently since the weather disaster there) which is Tier 2. Or, depending on what you say to that sickeningly syrupy, falsely sweet, and happy female too high pitched for the phone, voice you have to interact with, you will be instructed by that voice to reboot the modem. The instructions will be extremely detailed, even if you don't need all the detail, and will insist you do it again right then if you say you already did that before calling. You cannot get past that robot voice unless and until you comply.

Tier 3 is still fine. The problem is in reaching Tier 3. Tier 2 would be ok also IF they were located in the USA or Canada as they used to be. The phone system to the Philippines is HORRIBLE. I get a lot of static and echo and the women you get there have very tiny, faint voices and accents and couple all of that together, it is hopeless. If I get a man then I have a better chance of being able to understand him even if there is echo, static and his voice is faint. I had none of these problems during the years NHD was located in Canada.

There used to be a lot of wasted truck rolls because it has become so difficult to reach Tier 3. If you reach them many times you can get it resolved without a truck roll ....at least without that first truck roll to replace your modem. Luckily, I have had a steady, good connection since we got upgraded to 30/5.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
said by Mele20:

You guys actually get Tier 1? I have not for several years. All calls result in a robot at Oceanic on Oahu asking questions and depending on the answer are then immediately routed directly to NHD in the Philippines (although I don't know about currently since the weather disaster there) which is Tier 2.

Mele,

This is a discussion about TV issues not Internet.

Thanks

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
reply to anon
"I knew it was on their end but they wasted over 2h of my time over several calls trying to troubleshoot it. Then they scheduled a tech for 4 days later."

Its a shame that it took several calls for a truck to be rolled. Rolling a truck is probably the thing that helped fix it.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal
reply to anon
The tickets dispatching techs are also tracked for trends. If enough pop up with similar issues in an area it certainly looked at by higher levels of tech support. When tech rolls get pushed out past certain day limits it's guaranteed people are looking for the reasons. When customer calls from an area spike, it's looked at more.

More reports with more details get more attention.

Individual reports with little detail have to wait for a tech onsite to troubleshoot more.
--

jpatton1979

join:2011-08-10
Lexington, KY
reply to Mele20
So what do you consider Tier 1?

In the rest of the world Tier 1 is always the help desk, which can usually only do things for which they have a script for. In this case it would the the NHD.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_ ··· .2FL1.29

The "robot...asking questions" is called an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system. It is basically triaging the call to route you to the appropriate tier/queue.

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
reply to anon
Per the FCC, Descriptive Video Service isn't required for every show or every station. »www.fcc.gov/guides/video-descrip ··· on#top25

Some highlights: FCC rules require local TV station affiliates of ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC located in the top 25 TV markets (see list below) to provide 50 hours per calendar quarter (about 4 hours per week) of video-described prime time and/or children's programming.

Local TV stations in markets smaller than the top 25 also may provide video description. Check with your local TV stations.
Many Public Broadcasting System (PBS) stations also provide video description on a number of programs. Check with your local PBS station.
The requirement to provide video description is extended to local TV station affiliates of ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC located in the top 60 television markets beginning July 1, 2015.
The top 5 non-broadcast networks - Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, TBS, TNT, and USA - must provide 50 hours per calendar quarter (about 4 hours per week) of video-described prime time and/or children's programming.
Subscription TV systems (offered over cable, satellite or the telephone network) with 50,000 or more subscribers must carry video description.
Subscription TV systems with fewer than 50,000 subscribers also may provide video description. Check with your subscription TV provider.

And more. You could be asking for something that just isn't available, not the fault of a useless customer service representative.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to jpatton1979
hob says this thread is about TV problems not internet. The OP did not specify which so I thought internet but I now I think hob is right and the thread is about TV problems.

It is very different what happens here if I were to call about a TV problem instead of internet. I would immediately get tier 1 but not necessarily here in Hawaii as in the past. The robot voice (it is NOT an interactive voice response...it is extremely rigid and horrifically horrible to deal with...impossible to interact with! It's a robot and insults everyone with a little girlish giggly voice...UGH. But there is no robot if you say you are calling about a TV problem. It is only the folks with an internet problem that get the brunt of the horrible robot crap. Besides, you cannot get that robot to understand anything you say and you get so angry that it is a good thing that you cannot reach a human as you would rip their head right off immediately. That robot that Oceanic uses is the WORST I have ever dealt with anywhere, any business. It is a HIGHLY INSULTING SYSTEM THAT ASSUMES ALL CALLERS ARE TOTAL IDIOTIC IGNORAMUSES who like to listen to ridiculous little girl voices insulting them. There is also a sexual undertone there.

The NHD has ALWAYS been Tier 2. Tier 1 used to be LOCAL (in Hawaii) customer support for both internet and TV. Now there is no Tier 1 for internet. There is a Tier 1 still for TV but it is located both in Hawaii and on the Mainland and you are routed to the next available CSR who may or may not be in Hawaii. Used to you could (and should) call Tier 2 NHD directly for internet problems (there was an 800 number). If you called Oceanic locally, tier one would just transfer you to NHD usually without trying to help you before transferring. Support for Internet used to be much better. But with the advent of DOSIS 3, better modems, and higher speeds, stability has been increased considerably so there is not often need for internet help.

A few months ago, I had an RR email problem with password rejection. I knew it was a problem with the email server and not on my end. I was unable to notify Oceanic and they did not know and told me later that the old customer service way would have been so much better because I would have gotten tier 1 at Oceanic (local) who would have immediately put me through to tier 3. I did eventually get tier 3 on the phone but it was like pulling teeth to accomplish it and tier 2 (NHD) asked me why I got them ...they said I needed to notify tier3 whom they frequently can't reach anymore either. It was ridiculous.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY
said by Mele20:

hob says this thread is about TV problems not internet. The OP did not specify which so I thought internet but I now I think hob is right and the thread is about TV problems.

So maybe you could start another one about your personal issues.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

smcallah

join:2004-08-05
Home
reply to anon
So you really believe that they would waste money sending someone to your house with the knowledge that the problem is actually on their side?

How does your logic make any sense?

If, like most people believe, that the cable company is just out to take your money, the last thing they want to do is to send trucks to several people's houses if the problem can be fixed on their end. Especially if they already know it, or should know it, like you claim.

The people on the phone aren't head end techs, they're not going to know what end the problem is on. If they haven't gotten reports from the head end that something is known as broken, of if they haven't gotten calls from several people off of the same node or hub site, they aren't going to know it's a problem with anyone else except you

NightOwl2

reply to Satch
I worked in a call center for over 8 years and never had a Tier 2 support area to which we could transfer calls. Yes, there was a help desk to which we relayed information as it was received. As Hob stated, individual channels not working.
I could receive a call about channel 45 in the Queens area, the 2nd call was also about that channel. You would hear other reps going over the same problem. Then it was reported to a supervisor and documented for a pattern before notifying the help desk.

Quite often a box swap caused a host of problems and being tech-savvy could not resolve that. The box could have been added to the wrong outlet in the equipment screen by the CRS in the store; we had a list of equipment placement based on device and service and usually restructuring this list activated the device. The box could have been listed under the wrong billing code. On Demand usually didn't work for 24 to 48 hours until it caught up in the billing system, but agents in my center had an informal trick that worked over 95% of the time, when rebooting the box. The more experience a rep had, the faster problems could be solved. So a repeat call might happen if you talked with a newer rep who hadn't learned all the nuances. Training could never encompass all the small details. Although we are just talking cable, not phone or internet, I did have an elderly customer in retention who I saved because of a billing issue which knocked his phone service out. It had been through managers and various escalation agents. After I fixed the problem and restored his phone service, I asked my supervisor why he hadn't picked up on the coding error and he assumed the first rep had already done the necessary troubleshooting. The problem occurred because he had cancelled his internet service but a phone only outlet code had not been added to the billing system.

A customer might not give all the information required to determine the problem, thus a repeat call. Maybe you decided to move your TV and box to the other side of the room or even a different room with an outlet that had not been properly activated. Simply saying you rebooted the box doesn't solve the problem.

You might not be able to get PPV because your limit is exceeded or more than 30 days past due. I saw many truck rolls set up for issues that should have been fixed with simple or detailed troubleshooting. There was a second team of specialized reps who went through all truck rolls for errors before the roll was authorized.

So, starting from square one was sometimes necessary if the first rep didn't take the time or had enough knowledge to fix the problem without a truck roll. That isn't the fault of TWC, Comcast, Charter, etc. You simply could not put in every situation or scenario in a training manual because equipment is always being updated, and there are often work arounds given by the help desk which might apply to a limited situation.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
SoCal
reply to NightOwl2
Turner Classic Movies plays a selection of movies with DVS available on a second audio track (how SAP is done). They've been doing it for a few years now.

I'd be interest to know if the DVS problem is on an analog version of TCM or digital. Does it happen direct to set if available? If it's through a box, is the box set to a language other than English? Sometimes default doesn't work as expected. If you look at the box diagnostics it will frequently indicate which audio track is playing on digital channels, what track name is displayed?

I'd also look into what the edge decoder or QAM is set to for audio track config, but that's done at the headend. Odd things happen if the audio track name changes, maybe when DVS is turned on by TCM, some gear doesn't handle it as expected.

Lots of things that could be checked, if you know where to look and have access.

Then again is the problem able to be duplicated anywhere else?
--

NightOwl2

I do know that but the information I saw stated it wasn't set up for all of the movies. It was a problem often called in at the TWC NYC area, and some times the tv remote had to be reset, not the box.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to hobgoblin
You should tell jpatton1979 See Profile. He asked me a question. Was I supposed to be rude and ignore his post? I could have replied privately, but he did not ask me privately so I replied in the same way he posted.

Besides, the fault lies with the OP NOT with me or any other poster in this thread. Actually, the fault conceivably lies with Justin for insisting on combining the TV forum with the Internet forum after all these years of separate ones. But since we do have a combined forum now, OPs need to be vigilant about designating which category their new subject falls under.
--

JSull

join:2013-01-15
reply to anon
Click for full size
I have had my issues in the past. The most recent began on Nov 30th, when channel 937/game 8, of NHL Center Ice would not connect. The screen would show 'this channel will be available shortly..Code s1200.'

I contacted my local TWC, and sent emails on the TWC Direct forum (a very useful tool).

Having had this type of problem in the past years....usually after some late night maintenance work being done by TWC, and seeing the box reboot by them ....I knew it was a headend issue.

I had a very competent CSR, in my local office in Arlington, TX. helping, and eventually was given the phone # for a tech there too. After two seperate visits to my home to confirm the problem was not on my end, and was indeed a headend issue, it was finally fixed on Feb. 5th. The first truck roll was on Dec. 20..then the second truck roll was on Jan. 10th.

Frustrating? Yes, to say the least.

jpatton1979

join:2011-08-10
Lexington, KY
reply to Mele20
Yes, I asked you a question that had absolutely nothing to do with internet. I asked you what you thought Tier 1 support was. I didn't ask what issues you have with TWC's IVR system, nor any issues you've had when trying to get support for either TV or internet. That's why hob suggested starting another thread for your specific issues.

In a true tiered-support model location never determines the support Tier. In your example, local support is not Tier 1 and the NHD is not Tier 2. When you call in for an issue you ALWAYS get Tier 1, regardless of if it's in Oahu, Kona, Cebu, Kolkata, etc., etc. Again it doesn't matter where the person is located, it's what they're doing and what they're able to do that matters.

Source: 14+ years in IT (with 10 years working in corporate enterprise environments) dealing with all aspects and tiers of a help desk, both internal (employee only) and external (customer-facing). The big ones I've directly dealt with are IBM Global Services, TCS, and ACS/Xerox. For clarity I never worked for any of those companies. They are just the ones the company I did work for outsourced their help desk to.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
Tier 1 exists for Internet so I did answer your question. I didn't have a TV at all for 10 years as the internet then was great and there was no time or need for a boob tube. I only got one again two years ago and I watch via clearqam so I don't know or care about Oceanic's TV or phone. Yes, my building gets analog Standard 75-80 all junk channels except for broadcast HD ones but I had none of that until recently (although I still had to pay for it every month). So, to me Tier 1 is Internet, as is Tier 2 and Tier 3. As for location, it is stupid the way it is set up. We have a Tier one call center in the office here in Hilo (I know the manager very well). But if I were to call chances are I would not get the Hilo call center and that is plain stupid. I'd rather be on hold and then get the local call center than one on another island when the issue is 99% of the time local. It just wastes time the way it is set up now. It's like needing to reach your local postmaster but you have to call the national postal office instead knowing full well before you call that they won't be able to help you. It's stupid and none of this nonsense used to exist. I had the same problem with my Honda...would get Oahu when calling the service department here. I wouldn't have bought a Honda if I had known they planned to implement such nonsence. It was so bad and so time consuming for the customer that they got a ton of complaints and decided to bring back service to be answered by local employees. A hold is always better (if they can't hire enough employees) than to get some one totally ignorant of things because they are on another island. So, don't tell me that location doesn't matter. It matters TREMENDOUSLY.

No, if you call from a neighbor island you get the robot voice and then you hang up because the robot is incapable of interacting with you unless you are an idiot in regards to internet and computers. (Note, I did not accuse anyone of being "an idiot"...only being an idiot in regard to computers and internet and that is unfortunate but not an insult because ignorance in something like this is a willful choice). If you say the SLIGHTEST INTELLIGENT thing it yells at you and tells you to be stupid with your answer. It is extremely insulting. The robot concept per se is ok. It is how it implemented by Oceanic that is so very wrong. I don't like being called a stupid idiot which is what that robot does from the get-go.

If you do decide to play the insane robot voice's game then you get sent...no matter what you say, to NHD if the issue is about your internet connection. I've had Road Runner since 2001 and know many managers in the Oceanic system. I know what tier 1, 2 and 3 does (or did...could be changed recently as I no longer call because of the robot. I go directly to the office if the problem is internet. Calling if a TV problem is entirely different and always has been and it works fine, but I have done it rarely because I only got a TV again in September 2011 and didn't have one for ten years before that. The technical head of Oceanic here years ago was my boyfriend's close friend and my boyfriend is why this building was wired in 1975 for cable TV. I never needed to call Oahu Oceanic about TV. The current technical head here was a new "wet behind the ears" hire back around 1980 and worked his way up. I've known him all these years too).

Tier one has never been able to help with email. That is the job of NHD. Tier one is not trained to troubleshoot your modem over the phone either. That also is NHD (Tier 2's kuleana), etc. This is how is was for 11-12 years. How it is today, I don't know and if it has changed as to how you are describing that is simply insane. No wonder TWC is getting sold.
--

JSull

join:2013-01-15
reply to JSull
Bad typo...S0012. Per TWC this error code points to an issue at the headend. The fix was found further upstream than normal, outside the local checkpoints, and that was why it took so long to fix.
What I do not know is how long it took from my initial request back on Nov.30, to get elevated to the group that finally fixed it.
This was a very frustrating exercise, and a number of games missed because of it.
TWC did provide me a one month credit to my cable bill....good for them, but I would have been happier if they could have made the repair much quicker.
The tech told me that I was the only customer reporting this issue.....which makes me think I am the only TWC customer in my area that subscribes to the NHL Center Ice package.
Had this happened during baseball season, they likely would have fielded a larger number of complaints.

With all the talk of a sell off to Charter, or Charter/Comcast combo, time will tell how it all works out.

IMHO, it does help to use the direct forum...and to live near the local office, and go there and talk to a informed CSR.

n2ubp

join:2007-07-13
Middletown, NY
reply to jpatton1979
It really drives me nuts when a company wastes my time trying to sell me something in a long winded recording before allowing me to press one for....

Rick4769

join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY
reply to DrDrew
I have been trying TCM DVS for years with Time Warner and it has never worked. I gave up!

Anon

@rr.com
I have two DVRs and the Descriptive Video Service has only ever occurred on TCM, and on that channel it only happens on a minority of movies. Each of the 5-6 times I've told Time Warner about this I get one of two responses: (1) What is Descriptive Video Service? (2) Go into your settings and turn it off (it's already off). Then, after that: I'll report this. And here we are months later and nothing is fixed and I haven't heard anything. I even had a tech at my house who heard the DVS and checked my DVR settings... and of course said it'd be reported... that was well over a month ago.

If this is some required service, then you'd think the reps would know about it. I'm not buying it. I think this is a problem that's happening and the people who could fix it don't know it's happening, and they have such poor internal reporting processes that they aren't going to be finding out that it's happening... It's really annoying.

As for the person who reported the "channel will be available shortly," boy have I seen my share of that message. That's what was appearing a few weeks ago when several of my channels were out for days due to the bundle issue.

why60loss
Premium
join:2012-09-20
reply to anon
I have been sick of it for years. Hope Comcast gets them. At lest then we would get a better network if nothing else.

Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH
said by why60loss:

I have been sick of it for years. Hope Comcast gets them. At lest then we would get a better network if nothing else.

If you think anything is going to get better when TWC is bought by Charter/Comcast you are crazy. Less competition will not bring better service. If anything it will get worse because what else are you going to use?
--
Team Discovery: Project Hope

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06
reply to anon
The range of customer skill on any ISP is insane.

You'll have people call in that do not know what the monitor or desktop tower is, then you'll get "computer techs" that swear it is not their equipment, and turns out it is. When a real tech calls into any company it is often frustrating, take it as a compliment.

Rick4769

join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY
reply to anon
If Charter or Comcast take over Time Warner cable, I will immediately terminate my service and go with Verizon FIOS.