spc
Search similar:

uniqs
smcallah
join:2004-08-05
Home

smcallah to why60loss

to why60loss

Re: Anyone else tired of TW Cable's useless customer service?

And you said you "live in the State of NC." So I was addressing that.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss

Premium Member

said by smcallah:

And you said you "live in the State of NC." So I was addressing that.

I know, its just that I feel like it crazy that those out in the sticks can get better internet than those in a tech center.

Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to smcallah

Premium Member

to smcallah
said by smcallah:

Probably not, NC and SC is one of TWC's best markets and home to the real headquarters in Charlotte. The headquarters in NY is just where all the Chiefs are. The real work happens in Charlotte.

Comcast has a big presence in SC as well, and VA. I think they'd want NC in the middle to link those.

Comcast will likely divest remote systems that are currently Comcast as well as underperforming TWC systems to get to that 3 million customers they plan to divest.

No. Time was when TWC cared about Charlotte. I remember those times. It was during the time period that Oceanic was the main testing center for TWC -before it was TWC and before and during AOL's reign. Then after AOL-TW passing, and TW offing cable and it becoming TWC...things began to change. Charlotte got neglected even if a lot of the "real" work still happens there.

But I think you may be right that Comcast will divest some of its current systems...remote, under performing instead of divesting TWC ones. I think North Carolina is questionable as to whether Comcast wants it.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss to anon

Premium Member

to anon
Time warner cables CS does even seem to know what packet loss like this does:
or This:

though mostly this:

If they had wanted more proof/a different test method fine. But They wouldn't even look into it. Moved out of there, so it's too late to fix it now. Hope the guy who got the house didn't care for the internet is all I got to say.

Winnepeg
@verizon.net

Winnepeg to Mele20

Anon

to Mele20
Mele u couldn't be more wrong about Carolina's. Comcast was interested mostly in NYC and Carolina's but then ended buying the entire company. Here is some text from an article;

»www.multichannel.com/cab ··· s/148279

The deal would effectively quash Charter Communications months long quest to acquire Time Warner Cable – it launched a $132.50 per share bid for TWC on Jan. 13 and on Tuesday put forth a new slate of directors it believes would be more friendly to a deal. Comcast had been rumored to be a part of the Charter deal, but only to purchase Time Warner Cable systems in New York City and the Carolinas after a formal deal was reached. Reports surfaced early yesterday that Comcast was close to an agreement to purchase the New York City system, but those talks apparently escalated to include the entire company.