spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

battleop

join:2005-09-28

If you are competing on price alone...

You had better make sure you have some very deep pockets. Competing on price alone without the ability to sustain losses for long periods of time will end in disaster. I doubt they have pockets as deep as at&t and Google.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
Do they have a choice? If they don't offer a similar competing product Google could crush them. Google doesn't care about the little guys who get run out of business in their attempt to publicly shame incumbents.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
reply to battleop
They're a private company, backed by ABRY and a few other holding companies. If anything, they'll end up selling out rather than failing outright.

$65/mo for gigabit may sound like loss-making, but Grande has a relatively inexpensive bandwidth mix, dark fiber to where they buy that bandwidth, and they're not covering the entire town with fiber from the get-go.

Also, Google isn't likely to compete on price with Grande or AT&T. Google's goal is to get their competitors to go gigabit, so that the mother ship has a superhighway to deliver content. So I don't expect any anti-Grande promotions to come out.