No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude

said by JimMcCoy:

said by IowaCowboy:

Bad enough you have to buy cable to get cheaper internet

Why is that bad?

because they are forcing you to buy something maybe ?

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Because they charge you more for internet without TV so you buy basic cable so you get something instead of throwing money away for nothing. Basic cable is $5.03 in our area. You can get the blast plus which is $15 more than standalone blast internet that includes digital economy.

The thing of the matter is I like DirecTV's video offering better. But Comcast blast plus gives me my Weather Channel fix until DirecTV and Weather Channel resolve their carriage dispute.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to DaveDude

Premium Member

to DaveDude
My gosh!!

IowaCowboy and DaveDude can see past the end of their nose! Right on!!

If you only knew how many times I've heard people use that stupid logic that you're saving money by bundling services that you don't need, or don't need as expensive a package as you went for. Hard to believe there are really that many blind people.
Expand your moderator at work

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Re: Switch to DirecTV

Same thing applies to NFL Direct. You shouldn't be forced to buy DirecTV just to get it. You should be able to get it standalone.

Anything else is wrong.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy to cork1958

Premium Member

to cork1958
We're lucky they'll sell us standalone internet, you'll just pay a penalty for not having TV. They may someday turn the tables on cord cutters and force you to subscribe to basic cable in order to buy internet or any other service offered by the cableco. Verizon did the same thing with DSL by requiring dial tone to buy DSL.

Maybe if DirecTV and Weather Channel come to terms, I'll just drop the blast plus to basic cable so I get cheap internet at $61 instead of $74.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to DaveDude

Premium Member

to DaveDude
said by DaveDude:

because they are forcing you to buy something maybe ?

Forcing? (with waterboarding and anal probing?) or Encouraging/Marketing?
Just like buying a car, you have to buy the higher end package to get the most desired audio/nav package or heated seats.

Of course you could get the third party/after market stuff instead, but the integration /usability may suffer.