uniqs
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

[WIN7] Windows 7 x64 OS Setup disc vs System Repair disc

Does Windows 7 x64 OS Setup disc include all functionality of System Repair disc that can be created from Control Panel/Backup and Restore? Why would anyone want to created System Repair disc if they have retail DVD for Windows 7 setup?
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

Because having two discs is twice as safe as having one? You don't want to need to a system repair and then discover your only DVD had become unbootable.

My view, if I didn't use a server-based backup system, would be that for the price of a blank DVD there would be no reason to not make one.

But, of course, the option actually exists because not everyone has a retail DVD.
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

said by dave:

Because having two discs is twice as safe as having one? You don't want to need to a system repair and then discover your only DVD had become unbootable.

My view, if I didn't use a server-based backup system, would be that for the price of a blank DVD there would be no reason to not make one.

But, of course, the option actually exists because not everyone has a retail DVD.

So OS Setup does include restore functionality? In that case why not just make a copy of OS setup disk?
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

Yeah, you could do that.