share rss forum feed

Furrever Fur

join:2012-02-20
united state
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Vonage

[Praise] Painless experience with getting bill slightly lowered

Contacted the Comcast/Xfinity retention department bright and early when they opened (8am EST) to see about the possibility of getting a slightly lower bill as I just came off a 12-month promotion. Over the years, my experience with that has been - well - unsuitable to type. In short, the 'specials' never materialized which resulted in a gazillion or so more calls.

Shock, oh shock: nice agent who spoke clearly and enunciated. Other than trying to upsell me on their phone or home security, he listened and got me a slight 'loyalty' discount for 6 months. As it turned out, I was waiting to hear from one of their ESL folks about something else so I was ALSO able to verify that yes -- my little discount DID go through.

Glad to be able to report something good about a telephone interaction with Comcast for once.

gustavenla68

join:2011-02-24
Carlisle, PA

I never had a problem. I found if you ask politely for help they have always found something to lower my bill. They are humans just doing a job. They get irrate phone calls all day and are not impressed with phone tough guys. Far to many people think yelling at them will help. Come on if you a rep would you rather help out and try everything possible for a nice person or for the idiot screaming at them.

Furrever Fur

join:2012-02-20
united state
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Vonage

I agree to a point as civility is lacking in society. Bear in mind that customer service means the employee provides service to the customer (nice or nasty), not the other way around. It doesn't help that CC is either not training employees or not supervising the call centers. Paws crossed that CC is trying to improve their CS.

robot

join:2003-07-02
Palos Hills, IL
reply to Furrever Fur

Sadly each time I try to call and sweetly/nicely ask for a lower bill they tell me that I'm under some contract and would have to pay an ETF to even get a lower tier service :\

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3

said by robot:

Sadly each time I try to call and sweetly/nicely ask for a lower bill they tell me that I'm under some contract and would have to pay an ETF to even get a lower tier service :\

Well if you're under contract, what do you expect? You signed the contract, now honor your side of the agreement.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

JSull

join:2013-01-15

I am in DFW, and currently have TWC. Before TWC, our area was Comcast. I hope we become Comcast again (all of south Texas is Comcast), as we had pretty good service.

I have had many issues with TWC, but I can say the local csr, and techs at the Arlington, Tx. location are very helpful and professional....so if
we are Comcast again, hopefully these fine folks are retained.