Search similar:

uniqs
qworster
join:2001-11-25
Bryn Mawr, PA

4 edits

qworster

[DIRECTV] DirecTV Customer Service = garbage

I cancelled DirecTV last August and was told by them that I owed nothing and had no further commitments to them. First they took me to collections because they claimed I never sent back their equipment. OK they finally 'found' it. Now I'm getting collection phone calls AGAIN on my cell phone (eating my minutes) because they claim I owe them $256.00 for an early termination charge. The only thing I did in the 16 months before this was add one HD receiver to my account (and pay 5 dollars a month more). At the time I was told that adding this receiver would add ONE year to my commitment (I did it as part of a move to another house). Before I added the receiver I double checked this - and I told them if it required anything over a one year commitment to NOT ADD the receiver. They assured me that it was only a year. I also specifically asked them when I cancelled about whether I owed any further money and was told NO - that my 1 year commitment had been satisfied several months before. Now they refuse to do anything about this, have trashed my credit and were downright RUDE on the telephone! What can I do to get these liars off my back? Is their customer service really this bad now? When I cancelled I told them I'd likely be back in the future - not going to happen now because they've burned a bridge with me.
comp
Premium Member
join:2001-08-16
Evans City, PA

comp

Premium Member

a new HD box adds 18 months. and they have some of the best customer service for a TV Provider
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc to qworster

to qworster
Adding any "new" Leased Receiver states in the agreement -DIRECTV requires a 24 month (lease) commitment on all activated receivers
qworster
Bryn Mawr, PA

qworster

Then why did the CSR lie to me when I specifically asked her about this? The only commitment she told me of was the one year one for moving.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by qworster:

Then why did the CSR lie to me when I specifically asked her about this? The only commitment she told me of was the one year one for moving.

Nothing takes the place of not listening to a clueless phone and reading the agreement yourself.
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood to qworster

to qworster
said by qworster:

That is why I record every conversation(depending on state laws you might have to inform them you are recording. I do) I have with a company. It worked when ATT refused to give me a gift card the rep said I would get. Let's just say after I sent them the recording I got my gift card 3 days later.
qworster
Bryn Mawr, PA

qworster to ropeguru

to ropeguru
Dude, I had just moved! All the 'agreements' were packed. I was told that moving would require a 1 year re-up...and then I asked if I could also add another receiver. She said: Yes and then I SPECIFICALLY asked if this would add any extra commitment. She then told me that it would be included in the 1 year moving commitment. I never would have added one had I known they were going to add a year. Also, how come when I cancelled they AGAIN told me that I had 'satisfied all commitments' and owed them no further money if that was not the case? Would the CSR I cancelled with not have known?
CmmTch
join:2002-08-10
High Ridge, MO

CmmTch to qworster

to qworster
I've always (well, only twice in 6 years and one was to add HD) had great service when I've had to call them.

The HDMI port went out for whatever reason, I worked with a tech over the phone that was in Oklahoma (no foreign call center) I had done troubleshooting before I called, he just had to verify some steps with me that only the composite HD was working. He set it up to have a replacement receiver sent out via UPS. No complaints about their service at all.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to qworster

Premium Member

to qworster
Never had any issues with DirecTV here either. You just got a bad csr.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to ropeguru

Premium Member

to ropeguru
said by ropeguru:

said by qworster:

Nothing takes the place of not listening to a clueless phone and reading the agreement yourself.

Yet people parrot "they have some of the best customer service for a TV Provider" well no they don't overall as this proves.

nd it was among the reasons I left them years ago.
qworster
Bryn Mawr, PA

qworster to ilikeme

to ilikeme
Well that 'bad' CSR has cost me a lot of consternation, not to mention a credit ding.