spc
Search similar:

uniqs

evve
@50.106.33.x

evve

Anon

[FiOS] Routers For Frontier FIOS

I was wondering if there are any MOCA routers that can be bought to replace the existing westel 9100 or other series routers that frontier sends to customers? I currently have a westel A90-9100EM15-10 and I have to reboot the device once a month. Also since we are primarily a wifi house, we have upto 13 devices at any time connected to the wifi router and notice issues where again I have to reboot the router. Oh im in the everett, wa area(98201).

Thanks,
evve-

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

Do you have FiOS TV? You could consider just getting your ONT provisioned with Ethernet and buying any off the shelf router if you don't have TV to worry about.

Otherwise, why not ask Frontier for a new router? I hear Rev. F to Rev I. ActionTec routers are being handed out which support at least basic Wireless N.
evve
join:2014-02-12
Everett, WA

evve

Just cancelled FIOS TV on Monday, called them this morning and asked them to send me a new router actually to see if that helps. Thank you for your response, I'll check tonight to see if I can move over to the Ethernet.
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

1 recommendation

lawsoncl to evve

to evve
You have the most current firmware?

»my.verizon.com/micro/fio ··· r=9100em has an old version A90-9100EM15-10_1.02.00.04.rmt

»forums.verizon.com/t5/Fi ··· p/150196 has some links to 1.03.00.08
jimmud
join:2013-09-21

jimmud to Smith6612

to Smith6612
Doing what you suggested means that the customer will have to run their own data cable from the ONT to the router, if one is not already there which is what I am assuming is the case from this. The company will charge to send one of us techs out to run on to change over from MOCA to Ethernet.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Yes, if the customer can't do his own ethernet run, then Frontier will charge to come out to do it.

As far as doing the actual switch from MOCA to ethernet, that can be done by Frontier without a tech visit.