Search similar:

uniqs

Wintensity
@verizon.net

Wintensity

Anon

Choppy video playback

Hi,

Probably about 6 months ago, any type of streaming video became choppy (youtube, hulu, netflix, any player at streams video). The buffering is fine, but the actual video playback in really hard to watch. I've updated every single driver for all my hardware, tinkered around with various versions of flash player.. but it isn't just my pc. EVERY single computer (4 computers) in the house are having the same exact problem. I've contacted Verizon and they replaced our router in case that was the problem. So this isn't a hardware issue at all since it happened to every computer in the house all at once. I'm totally at a loss as to what the heck is going on, and it's getting extremely frustrating that there has been no solution to this. Has anyone come by a problem like this?
Once again this is just streaming video, I can play DVD's and such on all the computers and they run like a dream. Any help is much appreciated.

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar

Some of the machines hardwired or wireless, or is it all wireless?

Also any other devices like dvd players that stream that have the same issue?

Wintensity
@verizon.net

Wintensity

Anon

2 wired connections, 2 wireless connections.. not too sure about streaming through dvd players.

JohnCC
join:2005-12-19
none

JohnCC to Wintensity

to Wintensity
You say the buffering is fine. Can you wait until a video buffers fully and then play it successfully? If not, then this isn't really a FiOS or even connection issue.

Wintensity
@verizon.net

Wintensity

Anon

Yeah even with a fully buffered video. It's happening with every pc in the house so I can't imagine it being a hardware issue.

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar

Same problem on html5 videos?

Wintensity
@verizon.net

Wintensity

Anon

same with html5 yes
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to Wintensity

to Wintensity
Have you tried more than one browser? I know you used multiple machines, but did you use the same browser on each machine? Perhaps using Chrome with an extension that syncs across all machines that could be causing the issue?

Wintensity
@verizon.net

Wintensity

Anon

Every single browser on every PC produces the same effect