nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Vinceruos

Premium Member

to Vinceruos

Re: Challenge Modes - Advice, Tips, Suggestions

Vince, anything specific for Scarlet Halls? For example would you feed the dogs or is it not worth doing and better to just AOE them down like the rest?

Again to be clear we're not trying to simply complete challenge modes, we expect gold in each.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

said by Snuffbox:

feed the dogs or is it not worth doing

I've only been in challenge dungeons a couple times so am not the most experienced to answer this but I know one thing, trash will eat your lunch. That being said, and since they are timed runs, I can't possibly see how killing the trash would be better than feeding the dogs. At minimum it would be valuable lost time.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Essentially because feeding the dogs requires stoppng and waiting for them to eat. It's not long, but neither is killing a couple additional mobs when virtually 100% of challenge modes is AOE until you get to the boss fights. So this one's a coin flip and I'm not sure which is better.
Snuffbox

1 edit

Snuffbox

Premium Member

For anyone that may have read this - feeding the dogs is absolutely necessary.

Our biggest hiccup was occasionally the food would despawn in our inventory after looting it.

There are three buckets in each location and two pats to feed. After feeding the first pat often the other party members with a bucket would despawn.

We don't know yet if you only have the food for a short amount of time OR if the other dogs chained to the wall consume a bucket if you get hit by them (which is practically unavoidable even if you touch the wall on the opposite side).

We got silver last night, 1.5 minutes short of gold. We should have gold on our next attempt - Our dps was far higher then that of guilds like Aftermath but felt squishy so our plan is to itemize a bit more defensively giving up some DPS in the process.