MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

Re: [TiVo] TiVo "Series 5" Info

said by telcodad:

FYI - In the Memphis area, Radar103 See Profile got the 'PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101' firmware pushed to their SA/Cisco cable card:

From: »[TiVo] Cisco Firmware for 6 tuner Tivo Roamio Plus & Comcast

said by Radar103:

In Memphis Comcast market. I was having numerous issues, channels not available, channels not authorized, tuner 6 not working etc.
:
... I escalated through Comcast Cares [and I got them to push] the 'PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101' firmware to the SA/Cisco cable card. YEA! All channels now appear rock solid on all 6 tuners. You just have to get to the right people. ...

Looks like South Florida (and maybe the rest of Memphis), should be getting updated to .3001 by the end of next month:

quote:
... For Florida, your area [Fort Meyers] is currently scheduled for a software and firmware update (to version .3001) in the next 45 days. Thanks for your patience.
:
... We have our remaining areas of Florida and Memphis that are being scheduled to get this guide update.

Your area of Palm Beach County is currently scheduled for next month. Thanks for your patience.

telcodad

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

Re: [TiVo] Cisco CableCARD firmware updates

said by telcodad:

said by telcodad:

FYI - In the Memphis area, Radar103 See Profile got the 'PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101' firmware pushed to their SA/Cisco cable card:

From: »[TiVo] Cisco Firmware for 6 tuner Tivo Roamio Plus & Comcast

said by Radar103:

In Memphis Comcast market. I was having numerous issues, channels not available, channels not authorized, tuner 6 not working etc.
:
... I escalated through Comcast Cares [and I got them to push] the 'PKEY1.5.3_F.p.1101' firmware to the SA/Cisco cable card. YEA! All channels now appear rock solid on all 6 tuners. You just have to get to the right people. ...

FYI - Comcast has started pushing out Cisco CableCARD firmware version 1.5.3.1201 to some regions now:

quote:
FW version 1.5.3.1201 was deployed to certain cablecard devices in late May and early June in both our Big South Region (Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Carolina and Louisiana) and our Florida Region.

We are continuing to evaluate this latest Cisco firmware version and have plans to deploy to all remaining areas this year. Thanks for your patience.
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse

any idea what changes are in the newest CC firmware? The last firmware update a year or so ago fixed most of my CableCard issues on TiVo, but with version 1.5.2 we have that random unauthorized channel message..

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

FYI - Comcast has started pushing out Cisco CableCARD firmware version 1.5.3.1201 to some regions now:

quote:
FW version 1.5.3.1201 was deployed to certain cablecard devices in late May and early June in both our Big South Region (Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Carolina and Louisiana) and our Florida Region.

We are continuing to evaluate this latest Cisco firmware version and have plans to deploy to all remaining areas this year. Thanks for your patience.

FYI - The latest update on Comcast's deployment schedule for Cisco CableCARD firmware version 1.5.3.1201:

quote:
FW version 1.5.3.1201 was deployed to certain cablecard devices in late May and early June in many areas (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, South Carolina and Louisiana) Version .1201 is expected to be the next widely deployed FW version for the remaining Comcast areas later this year.
:
All SA and Cisco cablecards in the areas of VA, MD, DC, WV, OH, PA, DE, NJ, NY, NH, VT, MA, and ME are currently scheduled to start getting this firmware update automatically later this month and through October on a rolling schedule.

Thanks for your patience.