uniqs

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

2 edits

IPPlanMan

Balkanization...

The big news here is that Time Warner Cable could go nationwide here. Imagine having all the cable companies compete on a single nationwide platform, over the Internet.

They said it couldn't happen. Look at the carriers and the iPhone.

Steve's thoughts on TV:

»youtu.be/-pSfOKMEbG0

Tim's thoughts on TV:

»youtu.be/IkM1hH-tzmw

»youtu.be/rLyVsT5SCdU

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

TV Everywhere has already allowed multiple providers to stream their channels over IP to multiple devices not directly on their network. Nationwide distribution by many providers is only limited by content licensing.

Some channels are available, not all, which becomes fewer and fewer as you move your connection off of your home connection and then out of the local providers network. A few channels allow nationwide access as long as you have a paying account with a participating video provider.
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to IPPlanMan

to IPPlanMan
ahh the cult of apple !!

Take a look outside the US and you will find that a lot of tv providers have gone IPTV. I have a colombian IPTV box that gets me all the Channels from Colombia. ETB provides me all the colombian content I want at a 1/8th the price of a us service.

Just sucks when my settop died and I had to wait 3 months to return it !!! But the low price for content and the fact I can take it with me anywhere I have a network jack... is just awesome.