spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Bluebill
join:2014-02-12
Victoria, TX

Bluebill

High Packet loss Victoria, TX

I have had suddenlink for years, with few problems. Lately I have been getting huge outbound packet loss. Teamspeak servers show up to 40%. I have reset and checked the modems signal. Shows well within spec. Speedtest show good, but packet loss is abysmal. Netstat shows:
SRec=143245
SSent=107368
SRetr=3476

The computer has only been on a few hours.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

You might want to download pingplotter pro, and run some traces to your teamspeak server and then post the results here.

You can then message SDL L3Tech See Profile with your modems mac address and your public IP, and tell him your issue and direct him to this thread.
Bluebill
join:2014-02-12
Victoria, TX

Bluebill

Thanks. Running it now. Shows high PL on last suddenlink jump. Once I have a few hours I will message him and post.

Thanks again

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

No problem. Good thing its on the SL network. I hate when its not.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

For it to actually be packet loss and not just basically a dropped ping request, you have to see the packet loss continue on for all hops passed where it starts. i.e. All subsequent hops will have packet loss too.

SDL L3Tech
join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX

SDL L3Tech to Bluebill

to Bluebill
Watch for packet-loss to the last hop then look at previous hops to find where that packet-loss starts. Then in PingPlotter, click File > save sample set, and attach the file to this thread.