All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
BobJustBob
join:2014-03-04

BobJustBob to mrschultz02

to mrschultz02

Re: [Comcast Equip] Comcast HD DTA review - plain jane version with no guide. Yet.

So, I followed the advice earlier in this thread and submitted a ticket via email to We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com. The person in the "Comcast Executive Support" organization who contacted me claimed that I will have to pay the $9.95 per month fee for HD transmission of the local broadcast channels. When I protested, he first said he'd waive the fee for six months. When I continued to hesitate to accept this situation, he then said he would waive the fee for a full year. I accepted this, and he said he would put it into effect today.

After I hung up the phone and started thinking about it some more, I wondered if I had been "had". I started wondering if I had threatened to cancel my account on the spot, might I have gotten this fee waived forever? Oh well, in the long term it doesn't matter, because I will be looking into getting my TV some other way. If Aereo wins their case before the Supreme Court, I think I will eventually sign-up with them. For us consumers who don't watch much TV, Comcast is just too expensive and too hard to deal with.

PaulGo
join:2005-01-29
Gaithersburg, MD

PaulGo

Once a year Comcast send ot a rate sheet showing the costs of various services. On the rate sheet for the HD technology fee of $9.95 their is a footnote the footnote states " Not available to customers with limited basic only". From what I have read on other sources this means people with limited basic do not have to pay the HD technology fee to get HD broadcast channels. In fact on the same sheet (since my area is not offering an HD-DTA till mid May) it states a limited basic customer can rent a HD Digital adapter for $2.50 per month (no charge for a DTA).