join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

Matt7 to swintec

to swintec

Re: Comcast to acquire TW...

Saw this on twitter:

"NBC News @NBCNews 8m

Comcast (owner of NBCUniversal) to acquire Time Warner Cable in $45.2 billion all-stock deal, according to CNBC sources.."

I would rather be a Comcast customer than a Charter customer.. Comcast at least seems to do speed upgrades etc for their customers.

According to sources it seems that Comcast would likely sell off some of the Time Warner markets to Charter.

(I would hope they keep Columbus) I really don't want to be a Charter customer.

TheTechGuru
join:2004-03-25
TEXAS

TheTechGuru

said by Matt7:

Saw this on twitter:

"NBC News @NBCNews 8m

Comcast (owner of NBCUniversal) to acquire Time Warner Cable in $45.2 billion all-stock deal, according to CNBC sources.."

I would rather be a Comcast customer than a Charter customer.. Comcast at least seems to do speed upgrades etc for their customers.

According to sources it seems that Comcast would likely sell off some of the Time Warner markets to Charter.

(I would hope they keep Columbus) I really don't want to be a Charter customer.

Why not? I love it.

My Grandma pays Time Warner $19.99/mo for 2mbps/1mbps.

Only $29.99/mo
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to Matt7

to Matt7
There aren't any Comcast markets in Ohio any longer, let alone the Mid-Central Ohio area. Charter is closer by being in Michigan and able to grab part of the fiber TWC owns in Toledo and connect the entire system- even going down into WV.
jm13269
join:2011-11-10
Santa Fe Springs, CA

jm13269 to Matt7

to Matt7
I making the switch to Verizon FiOS from Time Warner cable. My bad credit had prevented me from signing up with Verizon, but found another way to get it approved. So I won't have to worry about this upcoming Fiasco of a merger!!
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

I just wish there was better customer support with each company. People as a whole hate cable and the responses globally have been so negative. Fortunately, I live in a TWC division with good service. It seems that the TWC/Comcast CEO's are the ONLY ones happy about the proposed merger, which is really eventually going to be a buy-out by Comcast over time if this deal gets approved.

Am I missing something here? Or is this merger really doomed for disaster? Neither TWC nor Comcast VIP's sees any negative implications with this at all.

Satch

DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium Member
join:2003-01-29
united state

DannyZ

Premium Member

said by Satch:

I just wish there was better customer support with each company.

This is the primary reason (next to the people themselves) I miss Adelphia so much. It was a rough start at first, but Adelphia made huge strides in the customer service department. Oh, the 5 dynamic IPs for $6 were really nice too.

My experiences with TWC have been pretty poor in comparison. I get lots of conflicting info, especially when visiting the local office. From the little I know of Comcast, I'm not expecting much better. Hopefully I'll be surprised
rjbasye
join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY
Netgear R7000
Linksys PAP2

1 edit

rjbasye

I have had the same experience. In my area TWC purchased Insight Communications and Customer service has really went down hill to point it took me several attempts to receive a credit for those two PPV movies that they gave everyone who lost channels due to their dispute with CBS. I can still remember the CEO of Insight posting in this very forum helping customers with problems and issues that were not dealt with correctly locally.