spc
uniqs
txfeinbergs
join:2009-03-10
Allen, TX

txfeinbergs to DigitalPkrat

to DigitalPkrat

Re: Please not Comcrap again.

Yeh, I go from having no cap, to a cap now. That is the best outcome?
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin

For people that don't go over the cap (like me) yes it is the best outcome. At least I have hope for faster internet speeds better upload, much better STBs and a clear path to DOCSIS 3.1.

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal to txfeinbergs

to txfeinbergs
said by txfeinbergs:

Yeh, I go from having no cap, to a cap now. That is the best outcome?

Agree i hate this!!
63475675 (banned)
join:2014-01-06

63475675 (banned)

Why are anti-trust laws in place, and FCC regulations letting this purchase happen?

Seems blatantly anti competitive, and not in the best interest of anyone except a few greedy executives and shareholders.
txfeinbergs
join:2009-03-10
Allen, TX

txfeinbergs to etaadmin

to etaadmin
What is their upload speed?
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin

20 Mbps (105 tier) for comcast 5 Mbps (30,50, 75 and 100 tiers) for TWC.

Besides I understand that their caps are not enforced and you can get business and avoid caps all together.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to 63475675

Premium Member

to 63475675
Do they compete now?
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to txfeinbergs

to txfeinbergs
Comcast's standard tier is 25/5, their next tier up is 50/10 and the top coax tier is 105/20. They also have a 505/100 FTTH tier in some markets, but that's $300/mo. Some days I'd pay that though...
iansltx

iansltx to 63475675

to 63475675
Comcast doesn't compete with TWC, and they already got the FCC to remove the 35% ownership cap. Anything could happen, though the vertical integration with NBC is already hurting the cable TV market.

And I'll bet that Comcast paid peering prices will stay stable per megabit for the next few years due to the company's market power. Not a good thing for the internet at large.

Mr Guy
@charter.com

Mr Guy to 63475675

Anon

to 63475675
said by 63475675:

Why are anti-trust laws in place, and FCC regulations letting this purchase happen?

Seems blatantly anti competitive, and not in the best interest of anyone except a few greedy executives and shareholders.

First Comcast and TWC don't compete. Also there is DirecTV, Dishnetwork and either FiOS or U-Verse in many of these areas. So that's 3 other competitors for TV service and at least 1 other for internet.

So how many pay TV are required before it's considered competitive? Not to mention OTA and internet options
smcallah
join:2004-08-05
Home

smcallah to 63475675

to 63475675
Anti-trust? I'm not sure you have actually read those laws to make such a comment.

Comcast and TWC do NOT compete in ANY market. So what is anti competitive? They will still have Dish Network, DirecTV, AT&T, Verizon, and CenturyLink to compete with. And TWC will just change into Comcast in the markets where they are. There will still only be one cable company in the same market.

That is a lot of competitors.

sk1939
Premium Member
join:2010-10-23
Frederick, MD
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Juniper SRX320

sk1939

Premium Member

said by smcallah:

Anti-trust? I'm not sure you have actually read those laws to make such a comment.

Comcast and TWC do NOT compete in ANY market. So what is anti competitive? They will still have Dish Network, DirecTV, AT&T, Verizon, and CenturyLink to compete with. And TWC will just change into Comcast in the markets where they are. There will still only be one cable company in the same market.

That is a lot of competitors.

Lots of competitors for cable TV/TV programming, but how about the internet? Can't really argue that cell phones/LTE is competition, especially when it isn't available in many areas.