All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Millenium
join:2013-10-30

Millenium to catnapped

to catnapped

Re: If you were smart

Perhaps the coffee shop, where I'll likely be ending up if Comcast acquires Time Warner Cable. Without a working Netflix I won't be sticking around.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

And where does that coffee shop get their internet, from the cable monopoly. So you are still going to deal with the throttling going on.

Maybe you'll just have to get your video fix from DirecTV or Dish. It's like the businesses of our parents time having to get their phones from the same Ma Bell that they got their home phones from.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

And lest you be reminded that your local cable monopoly is CREATED by the governments, in the name of franchise agreements. So I don't blame Comcast one bit, it is the local/state politicians to point your anger toward. In fact the government is more to blame than the operators. Must carry, etc.. blah blah, draconian copyright laws...they are causing the prices to go up by legislative action, lobbying by incumbents (why would they not), simply because open competition is not allowed BECAUSE of the government...
Millenium
join:2013-10-30

Millenium to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

And where does that coffee shop get their internet, from the cable monopoly. So you are still going to deal with the throttling going on.

I would have no intention of keeping Netflix so I don't think I'll need worry if it works at the coffee shop or not.
Millenium

Millenium to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

Maybe you'll just have to get your video fix from DirecTV or Dish. It's like the businesses of our parents time having to get their phones from the same Ma Bell that they got their home phones from.

I'll just have to give up my video fix entirely. Cable and satellite are just too expensive. More expensive on an annual basis than my electric, my property taxes, even my gas heat - and I live in the north east. More expensive than my auto and homeowners insurance combined.

It really is an overpriced service. Overpriced because it is a fix, like smart phone cell plans.