how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dan A

join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

[Content] NY1 under Comcast

Will Comcast merge it's operations with WNBC's news department?
Will Comcast distribute it to all the current Comcast system in the New York DMA/ADI ?

cheesetastic

@comcast.net

1 recommendation

[Content] Re: NY1 under Comcast

The merger was literally announced 5 hours ago. There are no answers to these questions yet.

TurboDan

join:2006-06-08
Beach Haven, NJ
reply to Dan A

Re: [Content] NY1 under Comcast

NY1 is an institution that makes money, so I don't see them getting rid of it or merging it. They did not merge TCN with WCAU/NBC10 in Philly, for example.

As far as regional carriage goes, I could see them throwing it on some the North Jersey systems. TWC has it on their systems in north NJ, I believe. In the southern reaches of the NY DMA (Ocean County) we get TCN, so maybe they throw us a NY regional network as well. If they own it, it wouldn't cost them anything, so why not?

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by TurboDan:

I don't see them getting rid of it or merging it.

They may try to fix it, though.

TurboDan

join:2006-06-08
Beach Haven, NJ

said by camper:

said by TurboDan:

I don't see them getting rid of it or merging it.

They may try to fix it, though.

Haven't seen NY1 in years. What needs fixing over there?

Dan A

join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ
reply to TurboDan

said by TurboDan:

NY1 is an institution that makes money, so I don't see them getting rid of it or merging it. They did not merge TCN with WCAU/NBC10 in Philly, for example.

Not much news or local affairs production is still on TCN to begin with. Comcast just merged WCAU's sports department into Comcast Sportsnet Philadephia.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

they're not going to touch anything. First it has to be approved and at the soonest it will be approved would probably be September or October. Then it will take about a year to merge al of the behind the scenes systems to integrate the two into one company. Then they have to decide which channels to add or drop and change all the logos on their trucks and buildings.
It took Comcast about a year to a year and a half after their buyout of att broadband was approved to fully change over everything from att broadband to Comcast.

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to TurboDan

said by TurboDan:

Haven't seen NY1 in years. What needs fixing over there?

Probably nothing at all. In fact, NY1 may be in great shape.

But that won't stop someone from trying to fix it.

Wilt

@verizon.net
reply to Dan A

Twc carries ny1 in Carolina's and all over ny state. So maybe Comcast will extend carriage. We shall see. I hope the name goes back to NY1. Right now it's called time warner cable news ny1.