Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

your name

@comcast.net

1 recommendation

reply to jpatton1979

Re: By the People for the People

said by jpatton1979:

said by openbox9:

They don't dictate how government works; your elected officials do.

Don't be so naive.

They indirectly dictate how government works. How do you think those officials got elected? These corporations "donated" (for lack of a more appropriate word) money to their campaigns and/or PACs (and sometimes Super PACs) to help them get elected. More often than not those elected officials care more about the interests of their benefactors than they do about the interests of their constituents.

Ultimately, who steps in to the voting booth? Corporations? Special Interests? No the people do. And the people get what they voted for and get what they deserve.

existenz

join:2014-02-12
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Naivety supreme.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
Ignorance is bliss.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

1 edit

2 recommendations

reply to your name
Have you been in a cave for the past few decades?

It's the House and the Senate with the most power. Most of them, in turn, take orders from Lobbyists from large corporations. The President is usually just a figurehead.

your name

@google.com
said by Simba7:

Have you been in a cave for the past few decades?

It's the House and the Senate with the most power. Most of them, in turn, take orders from Lobbyists from large corporations. The President is usually just a figurehead.

Someone needs to tell the current president who has been ruling by fiat for the last 4 yrs. Illegally, but ruling nevertheless.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

Billings, MT
You know, as well as everyone else, that Corporations design and implement the laws. It's sad, but true in every way.

openbox9
Premium
Germany
said by Simba7:

implement the laws.

No!

Simba7
I Void Warranties

Billings, MT
said by openbox9:

said by Simba7:

implement the laws.

No!

Prove it. Some of our laws now involve corporations or service by a corporation. Some of our laws were brought in by lobbyists, who in turn work for corporations.

Tell me that they can't "influence" a law they helped write (or completely wrote themselves) and reap the benefits when it passes?
--
Bresnan 30M/5M | CenturyLink 5M/896K
MyWS[PnmIIX3@3.3G,8G RAM,2T+2T+1.5T HDDs,Win7]
MyLaptop[Asus G53SX,32GB RAM,2x1TB HDD,Win7]
WifeWS[C2D@2.4G,4G RAM,250G HDD,Win7]
Router[PE1750,4G RAM,3x36G HDD,2xIntel Pro/1000+GT Quad Port,Gentoo]

openbox9
Premium
Germany

1 recommendation

Technically, the law is "implemented" by those that enforce the law. Legislation is made law by our elected officials. Draft legislation is typically written by staffers that are influenced by many sources, to include corporations.

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to your name
How is it illegal? Let me guess you are one of those that think President Obama should be impeach because you think so? and not because is a made up Right wing idea.

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·ooma
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Simba7
New backlash underway... for all the good it might do...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· oBmitLIk