spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Jkap
@verizon.net

Jkap

Anon

Problems with DVR controls

Over the last few weeks (and im pretty sure before I got the 1.9.5 update) I have had quite a bit of trouble when watching recordings on my DVR. The remote seems to stop working even though the dvr is receiving the signals as the power button does flash (I have the motorola qip7232). Half the time it just wont respond to what I hit. This occurs most frequently after hitting the skip button several times or in the last few minutes of each recording. The problem only occurs while watching recordings, when watching live tv I dont have the issue. I tried resetting the set top box a few times but no luck. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

By "resetting" did you perform the Customer Support>>Fix FIOS TV Issues procedure or the Customer Support>>Reboot STB procedure? The former corrected a similar issue for me.

Jkap
@verizon.net

Jkap

Anon

Tried both, neither fixed it
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

I suspect it's time to give Verizon a call and explain your problem.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to Jkap

to Jkap
What type of TV do you have (model/manufacturer)?

jkap
@verizon.net

jkap

Anon

said by PJL:

What type of TV do you have (model/manufacturer)?

I have a Samsung UN40EH5300
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

A couple things to try.

If you have the remote designed to work 4 devices make sure to click on the STB button. If it gets switched over to another device many buttons work but a few don't

Just to rule it out replace the batteries in the remote..

If you have a smart phone or tablet with the FIOS APP see if the remote on that works. Will help to see if it's the remote or the STB

jkap
@verizon.net

jkap

Anon

Tried replacing batteries and other fios remotes in the house and all had the same issue. Also tried the fios remote app on my android phone and had the same issues
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

if the FIOS APP has the same issues it's the STB.
Since you've already tried the self-fix items in the menu. You could do one last attempt to unplug it for a while and then let it reload the IMG otherwise it needs to be replaced