I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

1 edit

2 recommendations

SimbaSeven to your name

to your name

Re: By the People for the People

Have you been in a cave for the past few decades?

It's the House and the Senate with the most power. Most of them, in turn, take orders from Lobbyists from large corporations. The President is usually just a figurehead.

your name
@google.com

your name

Anon

said by SimbaSeven:

Have you been in a cave for the past few decades?

It's the House and the Senate with the most power. Most of them, in turn, take orders from Lobbyists from large corporations. The President is usually just a figurehead.

Someone needs to tell the current president who has been ruling by fiat for the last 4 yrs. Illegally, but ruling nevertheless.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven

You know, as well as everyone else, that Corporations design and implement the laws. It's sad, but true in every way.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by SimbaSeven:

implement the laws.

No!

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

said by openbox9:

said by SimbaSeven:

implement the laws.

No!

Prove it. Some of our laws now involve corporations or service by a corporation. Some of our laws were brought in by lobbyists, who in turn work for corporations.

Tell me that they can't "influence" a law they helped write (or completely wrote themselves) and reap the benefits when it passes?
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

1 recommendation

openbox9

Premium Member

Technically, the law is "implemented" by those that enforce the law. Legislation is made law by our elected officials. Draft legislation is typically written by staffers that are influenced by many sources, to include corporations.

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to your name

to your name
How is it illegal? Let me guess you are one of those that think President Obama should be impeach because you think so? and not because is a made up Right wing idea.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to SimbaSeven

to SimbaSeven
New backlash underway... for all the good it might do...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· oBmitLIk