dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
existenz
join:2014-02-12

existenz

Maybe this could allow capacity for server-side connections..

...with say web servers from home offices. If Google really wants a paradigm shift, they'd allow web servers on home connections. This might allow enough capacity.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

What does that change? Can you not run a server now?
existenz
join:2014-02-12

existenz

Technically no but they don't enforce it unless abused with dozens of concurrent sessions.. This could change things if home offices are officially allowed to run biz class web servers with many concurrent sessions.
openbox9
Premium Member

1 recommendation

openbox9

Premium Member

said by existenz:

This could change things if home offices are officially allowed to run biz class web servers with many concurrent sessions.

Along with the battery backup and diesel generators all along the line to minimize potential downtime? Why not just pay a few hundred dollars a month and actually have business class services in a business class facility with access to business class bandwidth?

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven

Business class facility? You mean one that the NSA can just go into and do whatever they want?
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

Yes, that's exactly what I mean

Jim Kirk
Premium Member
join:2005-12-09

Jim Kirk

Premium Member

Don't be a hater. Go have some sushi.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

If I could get a decent California roll here, I would.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to existenz

to existenz
This has no need when only in a few select markets and doesn't even allow businesses to sign up. Also you do realize that the 10gig server connections are limited to basically NONE to keep up with that speed.

nsa
@pppoe.ca

nsa to SimbaSeven

Anon

to SimbaSeven
said by SimbaSeven:

Business class facility? You mean one that the NSA can just go into and do whatever they want?

Being at a data center or not doesn't change what the NSA is going to do. If they want in they will get to you if your systems are not in the data center as well.